file Hi, need information about selling my stuff

19 Jul 2015 19:54 - 19 Jul 2015 19:55 #72110 by morningstarse
Hi there, I played VTES a while ago and I have been on hiatus since the last 6-7 years. I know the game is discontinued as far as I know. I kept my stuff since then.

Last week someone I know that still play the game asked me if my stuff was for sale and after thoughts, I told myself why not.

I got about more or less 15k cards and on that I would add the official glass token and the Deluxe Player Handbook. I`ve been wondering how much I should charge for a liquidation price as I already have my buyer and it could be a quick sale.

thanks..

PS : out of topic :: Does C. Chenard from Gatineau still play (if someone knows him).
Last edit: 19 Jul 2015 19:55 by morningstarse.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Jul 2015 23:37 #72112 by Ke.
I think the price largely depends on the quality of the collection and which sets in includes.

Collections containing a large number of cards from HTTB and KOT tend to go for more than collections without, due the limited quantity of those sets that were printed.

Without doing a full inventory, I think you can kinda tell the quality of a collection by the number of popular rare cards. ie. How many embraces, direct interventions, parity shifts, freak drives, final nights 11 cap vamps, tupdogs, nephandus, war ghouls, anarch converts etc... That gives you a rough idea of the quality.

The other question is of the 15k cards, how many are vamps?

If you're not using it and someone else plans on doing so — then selling it makes a lot of sense regardless of the price. The game's still nothing like MTG in terms of card value (the most expensive card in the game is about $70 - $100 vs thousands in MTG) and there are limited buyers. If it ends up in the hands of a new player then that's even better...

More
20 Jul 2015 06:31 #72120 by Lönkka

PS : out of topic :: Does C. Chenard from Gatineau still play (if someone knows him).

Player registry (link at the top of the page) lists him officially active (=participated ina tournament) five years ago,

vekn.net/player-registry/player/1000315

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Away
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
24 Jul 2015 06:34 #72175 by morningstarse
The buyer desisted cause he was not planning to buy a card lot that huge ( a better estimation was in the 20k cards instead of 15k - I was ready to leave everything for a bulk price without caring about the rares or vampires) and I put on extra stuff like the Player Handbook, tournament glass counter.

I'll do full inventory and sell it on the Web.

Thanks about the PS, I was a friend of him, back in the days and we're not facebook buddies.. so thanks again for the answer.

More
27 Jul 2015 06:25 #72236 by Lönkka

Just remember that bulk is bulk and this ain't MtG so donät expect egtting a solid comnesation for your efforts.

Good rares will fetch a decent price.
Hard to find ones that are percieved to have a limited run will fecth ridiculous sums but there are just a few. *cough* Summon History *cough*

Heck, even some good uncommons (Parity Shift) and tose difficult to find commons of percieved limitedness will fetch ridiculous prices (Ashur Tablets, Deep Song etc).

Like said, besides such cards, bulk is bulk andsuch wallpaper isn't all THAT expensive. Quite the contrary...

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Away
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
27 Jul 2015 19:39 #72277 by ReverendRevolver

Just remember that bulk is bulk and this ain't MtG so donät expect egtting a solid comnesation for your efforts.

Good rares will fetch a decent price.
Hard to find ones that are percieved to have a limited run will fecth ridiculous sums but there are just a few. *cough* Summon History *cough*

Heck, even some good uncommons (Parity Shift) and tose difficult to find commons of percieved limitedness will fetch ridiculous prices (Ashur Tablets, Deep Song etc).

Like said, besides such cards, bulk is bulk andsuch wallpaper isn't all THAT expensive. Quite the contrary...

Some bulk may simply not move for much profit at all, and (depending on if someone is willing to pick it up from you) sorting for rares might leave you with cards almost given away for cost of shipping. If you have the time and have an idea on which 70ish cards are worth money, remember to advertise on here when they are up for sale.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.056 seconds