file Submission: Blackfeather's Gift

18 Apr 2014 11:14 - 18 Apr 2014 14:55 #61098 by ReverendRevolver
Ive had 6 ideas for Gangrel cards over the past week. I thought this up half asleep in the shower a few days baxk and it stuck with me.

Blaxkfeather's Gift
Action
Requires Gangrel

+1 stealth action. Requires a Gangrel of capacity 7 or greater.
Put this card on a younger, tapped Gangrel, and untap him or her and this acting vampire. The gangrel with this card gets +1 intercept and may burn an equipment as a D action that costs one blood.
A minion may have only one Blackfeather's Gift.

Art notes: the scene from clan novel gangrel at Table Rock where Edward Blackfeather singles out Romona, builds a fire, burnz random shit from his pockets, and rubs the ash on her eyes giving her spiritual sight, all in front of the whole assembled Gather. Specifically, him handing her a stick of chewing gum ;)

Wod reference: clan novel series. The gift represents the sights advantage of seeing hidden things and also its usefulness in the end to cut off the eye of hazimels power. Capacity requirement is from approximating blaxkfeather as an 8th gen, figuring him as old as pre diablery Beckett.
game need: gangrel clan cards are so-so, for a clan famed as trackers and guards they have the same access as anyone with animalism to anything cool at all for blocking. This is nothing they cant do, but makes axbetter solution than most fluid intercept or toolup actions. The untap and no cost is to show its part of thier heritage, not something exerting for them to do. Also to make it better. They dont need more wallpaper. Initially i wanted it to give stealth or bleed as well and cost a pool, but this felt more approriate.

Designed by corey porter.
Last edit: 18 Apr 2014 14:55 by ReverendRevolver.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Apr 2014 11:52 #61099 by Timo
I'm not sure if this card should not be unique or something ? At least "a minion can have only one Blackfeather Gift"

And I think the action to burn an equipment should also burn the gift IMO. therwise, it makes a card whith nearly no cost (only the slot and the potentiality of needing stealth) which have a strong ability : +1 intercept AND another strong option.

As it is (withstanding the fact that it is stackable which is IMO not intended), a deck with 5/6 copy in it will basically shutdown several archetypes such as weenie vote (or anything that can't reliably pass +1 intercept) or cel - gun (or anything which need equipment to work).

More
18 Apr 2014 12:53 #61100 by Lemminkäinen
I really don't think that we need more random item destruction.

More
18 Apr 2014 14:54 #61102 by ReverendRevolver
Its not supposed to stack. Ill edit shortly. Its very intentional to make it not unique, though.

The burn junk option is whatever, i just wanted a hair more fluff, without a paragraph of text. It could very well have been an additinal stealth on hunting, or recruiting, but couldnt tie it to romona in the novels easily. Thanks for input. Keep it comin post non stacking edit.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.087 seconds