file [Errata musing] Protect thine own

23 Jul 2014 11:47 - 23 Jul 2014 17:47 #63915 by Ankha
Name: Protect Thine Own
Cardtype: Political Action
Cost: 0 blood
Requires a justicar or Inner Circle member.
Choose a younger Red List vampire with capacity below 6 or a Red List ally. If the acting vampire is a member of the Inner Circle, you can choose a younger Red List vampire instead. If this referendum is successful, this vampire burns X blood to burn that minion, where X is the capacity of the chosen vampire or the cost of the chosen ally.

Thoughts?

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 23 Jul 2014 17:47 by Ankha.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Jul 2014 12:27 - 23 Jul 2014 12:27 #63916 by Timo
It seems really interesting as it gives a very strong boost to red list and trophy (which is needed).

But you have to be carefull.

Other cards with this kind of text comes with a strong draw back :

both Eldest command undeath and veles' Hunt work on prey only, VH is very fragile facing DT (and is limited to a clan without easy acces to :pre:) and ECU has a built in anti-voter captivation.

What you propose has some kind of drawback : you have to play red list or trump-up charge (I guess TUC would be the card of choice in this situation).

But, with a crypt featuring Adana, Lutz, Raphael and Dmitra (which are by themselves very good in PRE/OBF vote deck), you just have to mixx a good combination of TUC, PTO and VC to have a killing machine.

And now, Enkidu (to some extent) and Mata Hari are unplayable
Last edit: 23 Jul 2014 12:27 by Timo.

More
23 Jul 2014 12:42 #63919 by Ankha
This card won't trigger trophies.
Enkidu is quite safe as it would require a 12-capacity inner circle wih 11 blood to burn him.

Prince of Paris, France

More
23 Jul 2014 12:57 #63921 by Timo

This card won't trigger trophies.
Enkidu is quite safe as it would require a 12-capacity inner circle wih 11 blood to burn him.

If it doesn't trigger trophies, I don't see the point of it (except unbanning a card).

And i really don't see how with the card you propose lutz capa 11 with 11 bloods could not burn Enkidu ?

More
23 Jul 2014 16:01 #63936 by ReverendRevolver
Protect Thine Own

Requires a justicar or Inner Circle member. Choose a Sabbat or Anarch vampire with a capacity below 6. If this referendum is successful, burn that vampire. If that vampire was not controlled by your prey, burn 4 pool. A methuselah can only play one pto each game.

Fixed?

More
23 Jul 2014 17:47 #63940 by Ankha

And i really don't see how with the card you propose lutz capa 11 with 11 bloods could not burn Enkidu ?

Because I stupidly removed the "younger" close ;)

Prince of Paris, France

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.083 seconds