file [Submission] Breaking the Curse

24 Sep 2014 15:07 - 24 Sep 2014 15:11 #65737 by Lech
Breaking the Curse
:event:
Tajdid
For the remainder of the game, the Blood Curse no longer prevents Assamites from committing diablerie. Once each referendum, the eldest ready Assamite :assa: may burn 1 blood to get 2 additional votes, unless more than one Methuselah control ready Assamite with highest capacity.

(it's singular, so if you control more than one highest capacity Assamite, you choose which one get additional votes)

(yes, it works during blood hunts)

(yes, Ur-Shulgi can fetch this card with his special)

(yes, it's very good card that is nearly auto include in many assamite decks, it's about damn time! Assamites don't have the blood curse for sooo long, yet they are stuck with it in the game)

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.
Last edit: 24 Sep 2014 15:11 by Lech.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Charles_Bronson

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Sep 2014 13:18 #65917 by Charles_Bronson
I really liked this.

I am death.
Paul Kersey, Death Wish
:vent::THA::QUI::FOR::dom::obf::cap9:

More
06 Oct 2014 19:01 #66091 by alasteir

Breaking the Curse
:event:
Tajdid
For the remainder of the game, the Blood Curse no longer prevents Assamites from committing diablerie. Once each referendum, the eldest ready Assamite :assa: may burn 1 blood to get 2 additional votes, unless more than one Methuselah control ready Assamite with highest capacity.

Don't see how this could really increase the Assamite game - I mean, how diablerizing could really change a deck from Tier 3/2 to Tier 1?

I really don't like the way you created a new trait, "Tajdid", only to make the card usable for the Ur Shulgi special.

Second, you just forgot the flaw on the break, depicted on many of World of Darkness books. The Assamite clan became addicted to the blood of vampires, and this is their new flaw.

Third, Why the eldest Assamite should get a vote when the curse is broken? What we had is a mass flee from the clan, not the recognization of its power.

And, what is "hightest capacity" for you, when you're speaking of more than 1 methuselah controlling an assamite? A tie?

I would consider a reform on it for:

Break the Curse

:Event:

Gehenna. Do not replace until a vampire commits diablerie.
For the reminder of the game, the Blood Curse does not affect vampires. Blood Cursed Vampires must attempt to diablerize a vampire in torpor.

1 - I would put the Gehenna trait as the awake of Ur Shulgi and break of the curse is a sign of the final nights, and open the window for a event deck based on gehenna cards, as some of them demmand another gehenna in play;

2 - As I said, they become addicted to diablerie. This should be reflected on the card.

And put a quote from Gherbod Fleming novel, on Ur Shulgi words.

Vitor Hugo
:laso:
:obf::pre::POT::OBT::cap8:
Sabbat. Vitor gets +1 vote against any referendum of a political action.

More
07 Oct 2014 02:33 - 07 Oct 2014 02:49 #66105 by Lech
When more than than one meth control highest cap assamite, none can use the +2 vote.

Of course the assamites gets their old flaw, but see: EVERY clan have a flaw, yet only assamites get it by default in-game.

Your suggested card would be very strong clan hoser for a clan that need help, how it's even sane to post such suggestion ?

While there was some defects to camarilla, you forget about returning undefeated from sabbat. Overall with breaking the curse, political power of alamut increased.

As for helping, additional two votes would go a long way into enabling diablerie, along with black thone and urban jungle. Alternatively, in assamite vote decks, like upcoming camarilla prince decks or old alamut decks, two additional votes means you don't need more push cards, allowitg them to run more smooth packagage with less moving parts. Maybe it's enugh to make them competetive.

About your version. It's awful card that none sane person would play ever, unless he know he face blood cursed assamites and want them burned by blood hunt. Even then it's bad card that is wallpaper.
Take a notice that all addicted to diablerie assamites(sabbat ones, tariq ) don't have any must diablerise if able clause.

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.
Last edit: 07 Oct 2014 02:49 by Lech.

More
21 Oct 2014 16:20 #66845 by alasteir
Yeahm you're right on the must have sentence. But what about turning it a Gehenna card? And what about "the eldest ready untitled assamite"? And put the "a blood" instead the "1 blood". But it is ok =)

Vitor Hugo
:laso:
:obf::pre::POT::OBT::cap8:
Sabbat. Vitor gets +1 vote against any referendum of a political action.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.069 seconds