file more primogen tech

01 Sep 2015 11:56 #72864 by brandonsantacruz

How about something really basic, but useful.

Political contacts
Reaction/action modifier
Cost: 1 blood
Requires a primogen
Action modifier: +1 stealth
Reaction: +1 intercept

In addition to these effects you could add a "Tap this primogen to give another minion you control +1 intercept or +1 stealth." It would make sense that they could lend their influence temporarily and it would be mechanically helpful so that all of your minions don't have to be primogen.

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Sep 2015 16:31 #72867 by DeathInABottle

I don't think I would play that even if it were free.

You don´t play Spectral Divination either?

The problem isn't the card - it's the vampires who can play it. To take advantage, you'd need to have multiple primogen in the same group who work well together and who don't already benefit from disciplines that already grant intercept or stealth. I haven't played around with my crypt to figure it out, but I can't imagine that there are many groups of vampires who fit that profile. Brujah primogen would benefit and Tremere to a lesser extent, but if you're Malkavian or Nosferatu or whatever you have better cards to play. If you want to create a card that will benefit primogen in general and see play beyond a narrow subset, I think that the initial approach proposed in this thread - cards that play multiple roles and do unconventional things - makes more sense.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.052 seconds