file Question on the qualifications rules

23 Jul 2014 07:21 #63909 by Timo
The qualification rules states :

How to Qualify

To play in a championship tournament (other than the Asian Championship, which is an open event), players will first have to qualify.

Anyone who played in the finals of a Continental Championship in 2013 is automatically qualified in 2014.
Players with 1 GW or more in a Continental Championship Qualifier event in 2014 are qualified.
For the Australian Championships: Players with 1.5 VPs or more (in a 2R+F event), or 2VPs or more (in a 3R+F event) qualify.
To reward the organizers who put so much time and effort into organizing these events, the organizers for Regional continental qualifiers automatically qualify if they don't play in their event.
To reward the judges who put so much time and effort into handling these events, the judges for Regional Continental Qualifiers automatically qualify if they don't play in their event.
Finalists of constructed National Championship events qualify for the Continental Championships.
The winner of a sanctioned, rated, standard constructed tournament of 10 or more players will be qualified for all Continental Championships for the calendar year of the upcoming championship in that tournament's continent.
For example, if you win a 10+ player tournament in North America before the 2014 NAC at Origins, then you are qualified for all Continental Championships in 2014. If you win a 10+ player tournament in North America after the 2014 NAC at Origins, then you are qualified for all Continental Championships in 2015. (Note: this is exactly how qualification works for First Chance Qualifiers!)
Only the winner will be qualified. If a previously-qualified player wins a tournament, the qualification does not pass down to the 2nd-place player.
Event organizers may play in regular tournaments and qualify if they win the tournament. The multi-judge system may be used as per VEKN tournament rules.
In addition, the results of the tournament MUST BE SUBMITTED.

All qualifier tournaments are handled equally regardless of order. Players who qualify in one qualifier are not handled any differently in other qualifiers. They can continue to qualify in each qualifier in which they play.

A player can attend more than one Regional Qualifier.

These rules gives specifics about the timing for winning a 10+ tournament. What about the rest of the rules ?

Does it means a continental qualifier HAVE to be held between january and june ? (for example, an ECQ held in Paris in septembre will not qualify anybody for the NAC if I read correctly ?

And what about national championships ?

I ask these questions because it is confusing for me.

And what is more confusing is the low number of pople in the list "Players who won a standard constructed tournament of 10+ players in North America" in this page www.vekn.net/cc_qualified_2014.html

It seems here should be people from tournament held in NA between origin last year and decembre last year but there are none.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Jul 2014 08:56 - 23 Jul 2014 09:00 #63913 by Pascal Bertrand

These rules gives specifics about the timing for winning a 10+ tournament. What about the rest of the rules ?

Timing given in the 10+ section applies to all qualification methods.

Does it means a continental qualifier HAVE to be held between january and june ?

No.

(for example, an ECQ held in Paris in septembre will not qualify anybody for the NAC if I read correctly ?

Well, you're making hidden assumptions here.

Say NAC 2015 is in June, EC 2015 is in November (purely randomly chosen months).
CCQ held in Paris, France (or anywhere else in Europe, for what it's worth) in September 2015 will indeed qualify players for EC 2015, but not for NAC 2016.

And what about national championships ?

They're cool.
With dates used above, whatever players make it to National Championships between January and June pre-NAC 2015 will be qualified for both NAC 2015 and EC 2015.
Finalists of NC in Europe between June post-NAC and November pre-EC will only qualify for EC 2015.
Finalists of NC in North America between June post-NAC and November pre-EC will only qualify for NAC 2016 and EC 2016, but NOT EC 2015.

And what is more confusing is the low number of pople in the list "Players who won a standard constructed tournament of 10+ players in North America" in this page

Well, to be honest, it does surprise me a bit.
However, since we based our system on Archon submission, there are two possibilities:
- either there are very few events in the US (and most are reported)
- or there are very few reported events in the US (but lots of events)
From what I know, they do have lots of events. They simply don't submit their Archons.

My access to the database tells me that, out of 48 events
- in the US
- between 01/01/2014 and today
- registered on vekn.net (I'm pretty sure there are some Princes around the globe who don't register events on vekn.net)
only 14 have had an Archon approved by the NC.

Hopefully, things will evolve and Princes will submit their Archons.

The US is just one of the many examples of places where we are missing Archons :(
Last edit: 23 Jul 2014 09:00 by Pascal Bertrand.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Timo

More
23 Jul 2014 09:46 - 23 Jul 2014 09:46 #63914 by Timo
I guess I should post this in the appropriate topic but I found 4 TWD held in the US and were held after origin 2013 and before origin 2014 (and I guess should be on this list) :

www.veknfrance.com/decks/twd.htm#2013jbllac
www.veknfrance.com/decks/twd.htm#2013jbilac
www.veknfrance.com/decks/twd.htm#2013bissp
www.veknfrance.com/decks/twd.htm#2013etpktw
Last edit: 23 Jul 2014 09:46 by Timo.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Squidalot

More
24 Jul 2014 05:55 #63962 by Lönkka

- or there are very few reported events in the US (but lots of events)
From what I know, they do have lots of events. They simply don't submit their Archons.

AFAIK this is the case.

Which is VERY sad...

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
24 Jul 2014 08:24 #63969 by Silmegil
It is not only sad, but I find it very demoralizing and unsettling.

I know that most work Princes and NCs are just volunteers and no one can force them to do their job, but that is not an excuse for just ignoring these things.

There are good people that worked on ranking system to work again and these things are mostly automated right now and it pisses me off when people just ignore their good work.

I was doing prince for few years and it was most of the time really frustrating, because barely anyone who cooperated with me in our country. I am doing Czech NC now and I was trying to clean up the mess and submet as many archons as possible, but it was nearly impossible and I am glad, that we have at least national championships submitted in addition to archons from my hometown. Others are very rarely submitted and some of them I was trying to get uploaded for a year. Then I finally gave up.

More
24 Jul 2014 08:48 #63972 by Pascal Bertrand

It is not only sad, but I find it very demoralizing and unsettling.

I know that most work Princes and NCs are just volunteers and no one can force them to do their job, but that is not an excuse for just ignoring these things.

There are good people that worked on ranking system to work again and these things are mostly automated right now and it pisses me off when people just ignore their good work.

I was doing prince for few years and it was most of the time really frustrating, because barely anyone who cooperated with me in our country. I am doing Czech NC now and I was trying to clean up the mess and submet as many archons as possible, but it was nearly impossible and I am glad, that we have at least national championships submitted in addition to archons from my hometown. Others are very rarely submitted and some of them I was trying to get uploaded for a year. Then I finally gave up.

In the end, I think those interested in having the Archons uploaded are the players.
For this EC, since we have a valid way of knowing who has qualified, I hope we can use the generated list for Day1 participants.

This means any player who won an event should spam their Prince so that he uploads the Archon. The NC should remind the Princes from time to time, but it's really down to players' interests.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.086 seconds