file Limited Card Universe Play

16 Sep 2014 20:09 #65491 by kpram
I've been working on some limited card universe deck building ideas. I have 'pods' of 10 Jyhad boosters that I have marked (so I can re-seperate them), giving each pod ~ 200 cards. Players make a deck out of the pod of cards, and play against other decks made from other pods.

The problem is some pods are just better- they have better combos of cards (eg, dominate vamps and cards) than others.

I am looking for suggestions on how to balance this; should I try adding cards to the weaker pods? Increasing the pod size for all the groups, and hope the law of averages applies? Add specific cards to each pod?

On a related note, I have another pod of Sabbat cards (once again, from a set of boosters), with a different ratio of Crypt/Library cards but roughly . I haven't noticed any balance problems between this one and the Jyhad cards. Are there other sets I could accumulate boosters for and get playable pods out of?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Sep 2014 10:20 #65508 by Pascal Bertrand
I did this with some 3rd Ed booster boxes:

- Mark each rarity with a dot of a specific color. For instance, blue for rare, red for unco, green for common, black for vampire. You can use stickers if you don't want to write on your cards.

This gives you a set of N rares, 3N uncos, 4N vampires, 11N commons (where N is the total number of pods you have).
Whenever you want to play a game, just shuffle rares with rares, uncos with uncos, etc... and create boosters (1 rare, 3 uncos, 4 vampire-rarity - could be Parity Shift- , 11 commons).

This is quite good, as it will mix all your pods together and will still keep rarity.
What it doesn't do is guarantee you won't have doubles (2 Parity Shifts in a booster)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.061 seconds