file The Full Bleed project - back on my bullshit [03.20]

20 Oct 2014 15:34 - 20 Oct 2014 15:37 #66807 by Damnans
How about this approach instead? (This design is crude, but I think it should be enough to convey the idea).

The most relevant problems I see with the full bleed layout are:

1. The pieces of artwork not having been conceived for that format. Many of them have to be either flipped horizontally, or resized in such a way that several image composition issues arise.

2. The lateral bar not being continued until the upper margin, which leaves a useless (in my opinion) space that causes image composition issues.

Therefore, I have tried to give a solution to both problems by extending the left bar to the top of the card and then strecth it therefrom to the right margin, thus partially framing the artwork and enlarging the clan background to make it more easily identifiable.

:vtes: V:EKN Website Coordinator

:baal: :AUS: :DAI: :FOR: :OBF: :PRE: :MAL: :STR: :flight: :cap11:
Last edit: 20 Oct 2014 15:37 by Damnans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jussi

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Oct 2014 17:04 #66809 by DeathInABottle
It makes sense, but I feel like it removes the openness of the full bleed format, which I take to be its main point.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, Jussi

More
20 Oct 2014 17:19 #66810 by Erol
IMHO, I would say the same, the open format brings the picture more in the spotlicght. Framing it again would be counter "creative" in this whole full bleed project.

Just my two cents.

:laso: :camarilla: :POT: :DOM: :DEM: :PRE: :cap8: - Prince of Karlsruhe, Germany
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, Jussi

More
20 Oct 2014 19:50 - 20 Oct 2014 23:36 #66814 by self biased

The pieces of artwork not having been conceived for that format. Many of them have to be either flipped horizontally, or resized in such a way that several image composition issues arise.

Sadly, they can't all be winners. Not all artwork is going to work perfectly with the format.

2. The lateral bar not being continued until the upper margin, which leaves a useless (in my opinion) space that causes image composition issues.

Therefore, I have tried to give a solution to both problems by extending the left bar to the top of the card and then strecth it therefrom to the right margin, thus partially framing the artwork and enlarging the clan background to make it more easily identifiable.

we apparently have a difference of opinion, but i have to agree with DeathInABottle and Erol. I'm certainly NOT advocating that all crypt cards be moved to this format from here on out. I'm just trying to show what such a format could look like.

edit: all things considered, the overwhelming majority of the pictures looked really good... there were what, six vamps that i had to tool around with? i'll post them later.
Last edit: 20 Oct 2014 23:36 by self biased.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jussi

More
21 Oct 2014 02:24 #66816 by Juggernaut1981
Part of the appeal to people may be the "Heads Up Display" style that those full-bleed cards have without the obvious border. It looks a little more like a computer generated stats/character sheet.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
21 Oct 2014 03:25 - 21 Oct 2014 03:27 #66818 by Jussi
I have to agree with DeathInABottle and Erol - and Self Biased. Having background pattern on top of the picture takes out something... perhaps openness of the format that Self Biased first designed.

Edit: Thank you Damnas! It's very important for us all to consider all ideas and view points.

!bruj! :CEL: :POT: :PRE: :cap6:
----
Banging trashcans, breaking windows
We'll wake you up tonight

We like the good time, we scream and shout
And that's what fun's about
Last edit: 21 Oct 2014 03:27 by Jussi.

More
21 Oct 2014 12:35 #66822 by Damnans
Then why not removing the left bar altogether?

:vtes: V:EKN Website Coordinator

:baal: :AUS: :DAI: :FOR: :OBF: :PRE: :MAL: :STR: :flight: :cap11:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Juggernaut1981

More
21 Oct 2014 12:59 #66823 by Ohlmann
That look good like that.

More
21 Oct 2014 13:03 - 21 Oct 2014 13:03 #66824 by Ankha
How would the table look like if I have two Lasombra and one Kyasid on the table? Will people be able to tell easily the clans of each vampire?
I would keep a clan bar that helps identifying the clans of the vampires.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 21 Oct 2014 13:03 by Ankha.

More
21 Oct 2014 13:03 #66825 by a-e

Then why not removing the left bar altogether?

I think that clan symbol should be on this 1,5x bigger and moved up to corner before name. This way you can tell the clan from other side of table without clan background.

Marko, Prince of Helsinki

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.128 seconds