file Vampire for Kids!

15 Oct 2014 12:19 #66639 by CalibanX
Vampire for Kids! was created by CalibanX
Vampire for Kids!

Using ONLY the seven Camarilla Clans from Groups 1 & 2 and nothing else! Each Methuselah picks one Clan to play. Each Clan’s Crypt must have: 1 Justicar, 1 Prince, 2 Primogens and 8 Untitled Vampires. Have all seven Crypts premade so kids just pick the Clan they want to play. Each Methuselah starts with 30 Pool as normal.

Turn Phases:

1 Untap Phase
2 Master Phase: You may move 1 Pool to any of your Ready Vampires or move 1 Blood from any of your Ready Vampires to your Pool.
3 Action Phase: Each of your Vampires may attempt Actions. A Vampire cannot attempt the same action twice in a Turn.
4 Influence Phase: 4 Transfers per turn & 4 Transfers to move a vamp from Crypt to Uncontrolled Region.

Actions a Vampire may attempt:

1 Bleed
2 Hunt (Gain 1 Blood from Bloodbank with +1 Stealth)
3 Burn 1 Blood to Rescue a Vampire from Torpor with +1 Stealth.
4 Diablerize a Vampire in Torpor. (If successful, this triggers the Bloodhunt Vote.)
5 Call a Vote with +1 Stealth: Pick a Methuselah to gain the Edge. (The Edge gives it’s controller 1 Pool from the Bloodbank during their Untap Phase. This is the only way to get the Edge.)

Stealth & Intercept is handled as normal.
Combat is limited to 1 Round.
All Vampires naturally bleed for 1 and have 1 Strength.

All Disciplines: Burn 1 blood to use (for both inferior & superior):

Combat Disciplines: Only useable once each Combat:
Potence: +1 Strength for combat, +2 Strength for combat
Celerity: 1 Additional Strike, 2 Additional Strikes
Animalism: Inflict 1 Environmental Damage, Inflict 2 Environmental Damage
Fortitude: Prevent 2 Damage, Prevent 3 Damage
Thaumaturgy: Steal 2 Blood, Steal 3 Blood

Non-Combat Disciplines: Only useable once per Action:
Dominate: +1 Bleed, +2 Bleed
Obsfuscate: +1 Stealth, +2 Stealth
Auspex: +1 Intercept, +2 Intercept
Protean: Untap during another Methuselahs Turn, Untap during your Turn
Presence: Reduce a Bleed by 1, Reduce a Bleed by 2

Vampire Titles:

Primogen: May burn 1 Blood to End Combat against any Untitled Vampire./1 Vote.
Prince: May burn 1 Blood to End Combat against any Primogen and Untitled Vampire./2 Votes.
Justicar: May burn 1 Blood to End Combat against any Primogen, Prince or Untitled Vampire./3 Votes

(Using votes doesn’t burn Blood.)

Has anyone else tried a Kids version or a Lite version of the game?
The following user(s) said Thank You: ruiza97

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Oct 2014 07:21 #66762 by Lönkka
Replied by Lönkka on topic Re: Vampire for Kids!
So the game has just the Crypt but no Library?
Nifty quick play intro idea!

Is it for 4-5 players like VTES or does it work well with fewer players?
Do table mechanics (Predator & prey and ousting) work work the same way as in VTES?

What are your experiences so far?
How many games have been played?
What do the kids think of the game?
How long do games last?
Any clan dominate the games?

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
19 Oct 2014 07:31 #66765 by Timo
Replied by Timo on topic Re: Vampire for Kids!

Any clan dominate the games?

I'll guess just reading the rules that tremere rocks !

More
19 Oct 2014 20:08 #66786 by CalibanX
Replied by CalibanX on topic Re: Vampire for Kids!
Sadly, I've never tried this super stripped down verision of the game. I'm hoping that when my girlfriend's kid is in town next I'll have a chance to try it out.

Over the years I've thought a lot about Richard Garfield's comment about the length of the game (Jyhad) was it's fatal flaw. To that, I'd also add that it's level of complexity is a barrier for a lot of potential players too. So, I was trying to think of alternate ways to play the game that would be quicker and easier and maybe provide a sort of stepping stone to getting the hang of playing the full game.

One cool thing I really like about the version I outlined above was that every discipline on the vamps provides a permanent affect, so you actually get the benefit of all those vamps with out of clan disciplines.

I really think a stripped down verision of the game that's quicker to play and easier to learn could have real potential for getting new blood into the game as well as something different for us old folks to try out.

I'll have to think some more about what "permanent" abilities I could come up with for some of the other disciplines.

More
20 Oct 2014 21:08 #66815 by Lönkka
Replied by Lönkka on topic Re: Vampire for Kids!
OK.
So it'll probably require some tweaking to get the balance right.

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
24 Oct 2014 05:16 - 24 Oct 2014 08:19 #66920 by Rémi
Replied by Rémi on topic Re: Vampire for Kids!
Hey,

The idea looks good. I would say there are too many rules to remember in order to play.

What if you pick one card per discipline that represents more of less those abilities ?(I mean, protean may be hard) Every player uses the same card pool.

Then you say:
- You can only use cards from your hand.
- When a vampire acts or attempts to block, pick the cards of that vampire's discipline. It is far more simple and far less boring to pick up and read cards than checking a rule sheet, am I wrong?
- When used, return the cards to your cards pool.
- At end of the action if you control the acting vampire or the blocker of that action, every unused card go to your card pool.
- If your vampire attempts to block and fails, return every unused card go to your card pool.
- You can even use the "Regaining the Upper Hand" card for the vote action.

Personally, I would create a common equipment/action cards pool in the center of the table with only one copy of each card. Let say every deck (Vampire + Standard Card pool + those 3 cards) has 3 specific cards that make the deck a bit different.
Once per turn, every player gets the opportunity to buy one card of the common pool at +1 Stealth. The successful action use the card directly. May be equipments... Those cards would not get back to the common card pool after use.

Enjoy!!
Regards,
Rémi.

I am Rémi Cavaillé (), Barcelona (SPAIN). I was the Prince of Lyon (France) a long time ago around 2003

Enjoy Vampire: Rivals games and many other gaming activities in Barcelona (Spain) with Association Khan Jugar:
sites.google.com/view/khanjugar/
Last edit: 24 Oct 2014 08:19 by Rémi.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.086 seconds