file Spirit summoning chamber, redirection timing, "only as action is annonced" timin

15 Jan 2012 11:00 - 15 Jan 2012 11:02 #20889 by Ohlmann
Hello.

* If I have a Spirit Summoning Chamber, can I do the action on the card anytime ? Can I, for example, tap during an action to get a Mirror Walk ? Or when I choose a strike tap the spirit summoning chamber to get a walk of flame ?

* does the spirit summoning chamber allow me to search for a visceratika card with thaumaturgy outferior and play the :vis: version ?

Spirit Summoning Chamber

Master
Tremere antitribu
[2 Pool]
Master: unique location.
Tap this card and burn 1 blood from a ready Tremere antitribu you control to search your library for a minion card that requires Thaumaturgy [tha] . Show that card to all players and put it in your hand. Discard down and shuffle afterward.

* Are redirection card playable only immediatly after blocks are declined, or anytime once blocks are declined ? In other words, if my opponent play conditionning (after block are declined) can I alway play a Telepathic Misdirection ?

Telepathic Misdirection
Reaction
Auspex
1 Blood
[AUS] Only usable when a minion is bleeding you, after blocks are declined. Tap this reacting vampire. Choose another Methuselah other than the acting minion's controller. The acting minion is now bleeding that Methuselah.

* Can I play a Walk of caine inferior or a Shell game, then burn a Concoction of vitality ? Both are useable "as action is annonced". Can I play a regular action modifier before consumming a Concoction of Vitality ?

Concoction of Vitality

Equipment
[1 Pool]
Unique equipment.
When the vampire with this card announces an action, he or she may burn this card to prevent vampires from blocking that action. If he or she does so, this vampire cannot play cards requiring Disciplines until the action is complete.

Shell Game
[Action Modifier]
Only usable when the action is announced.
[san] Tap X other ready Blood Brothers you control of the same circle as this one to give this Blood Brother +X stealth (even if stealth is not yet needed). If the action is successful, you may untap one of those Blood Brothers.

Walk of Caine

[Action Modifier]
Choose X ready Blood Brothers you control who belong to the same circle as this acting vampire (including this acting vampire). Each chosen vampire must burn a blood, or this card has no effect.
[san] +X bleed. Only usable as a bleed action is announced. After playing this card, you cannot play another action modifier to further increase the bleed for this action.
Last edit: 15 Jan 2012 11:02 by Ohlmann.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Jan 2012 14:27 - 15 Jan 2012 17:00 #20891 by Pascal Bertrand

Hello.

* If I have a Spirit Summoning Chamber, can I do the action on the card anytime ? Can I, for example, tap during an action to get a Mirror Walk ? Or when I choose a strike tap the spirit summoning chamber to get a walk of flame ?

Yes.

* does the spirit summoning chamber allow me to search for a visceratika card with thaumaturgy outferior and play the :vis: version ?

Yes.

* Are redirection card playable only immediatly after blocks are declined, or anytime once blocks are declined ? In other words, if my opponent play conditionning (after block are declined) can I alway play a Telepathic Misdirection ?

Any time after blocks were declined.

* Can I play a Walk of caine inferior or a Shell game, then burn a Concoction of vitality ? Both are useable "as action is annonced". Can I play a regular action modifier before consumming a Concoction of Vitality ?

Cards usable "as the action is announced" are usable as the action is announced. A player can play several of them.
"Regular" (i.e. without the "as action is announced" cardtext) action modifiers (such as Conditioning, for instance) are not playable in the "as action is announced" window. See [LSJ 20070930] for one occurrence of that question on the NewsGroup.
Last edit: 15 Jan 2012 17:00 by Pascal Bertrand.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ohlmann

More
15 Jan 2012 16:39 #20908 by echiang

Cards usable "as the action is announced" are usable as the action is announced. A player can play several of them.
"Regular" (i.e. without the "as action is announced" cardtext) action modifiers (such as Conditioning or Walk of Caine, for instance) are not playable in the "as action is announced" window. See [LSJ 20070930] for one occurrence of that question on the NewsGroup.

Just pointing out that inferior Walk of Caine is in the "as action is announced" window (it's the superior that is not).

pckvtes.wordpress.com
@pckvtes

More
15 Jan 2012 17:00 #20910 by Pascal Bertrand

"Regular" (i.e. without the "as action is announced" cardtext) action modifiers (such as Conditioning or Walk of Caine, for instance) are not playable in the "as action is announced" window. See [LSJ 20070930] for one occurrence of that question on the NewsGroup.

Just pointing out that inferior Walk of Caine is in the "as action is announced" window (it's the superior that is not).

Erm. My bad. Thanks for pointing that out :)

More
16 Jan 2012 01:11 #20925 by CryWolf

"Regular" (i.e. without the "as action is announced" cardtext) action modifiers (such as Conditioning, for instance) are not playable in the "as action is announced" window.

Interesting. I didn't know this. So you can't --

Edward Vignes bleeds with Govern, with Conditioning ...
(Top decked a Seduction)
... and Seduction on Isabel de Leon!

More
16 Jan 2012 02:56 #20927 by Adonai

I didn't know this. So you can't --

Edward Vignes bleeds with Govern, with Conditioning ...
(Top decked a Seduction)
... and Seduction on Isabel de Leon!

Correct, the Seduction can be drawn after the Govern, and played immediately, but it cannot be played after the Conditioning.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pascal Bertrand

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.063 seconds