file when does an ally burn in combat when playing cards "as a vampire"

19 Aug 2014 19:24 #64985 by Piar Viarti
My local playing group had a discussion about allies playing cards "as a vampire". I tried to search for an answer, but could not find an clear answer (might be lacking in search fu, so apologies if this has been asked and answered before).

When does a ally burn when playing cards "as a vampire"that require as much blood as his current life?

For example:
Mortal ally is recruited,and is "Ghouled", so the ally can play a basic potence strike once each combat.
Let's say the ally has 2 lifes, enters combat and wants to play Decapitate at basic potence for +2 hand damage(which costs 2 blood).
Is the ally burned immedately, ending combat (strikes don't resolve, opposing minion suffers no damage from the decapitate)?
Or does de strike resolve, the opposing minion gets damage (if undodged/unprevented), and the ally is burned after strike resolution?

I found a ruling that says:
"An ally that plays a card "as a vampire" is treated "as a vampire" for all puposes of the resolution of the play of that card including any continuing effects, but not for effects the card generates for being in play."
This suggests that the ally lives long enough to damage the opponent.

Or is this overruled by the rulebook rule: "An ally or retainer that has zero life counters is burned."?

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Aug 2014 19:34 #64988 by Damnans
The topic has been moved to the Rules Questions subforum, where it belongs.

Please, choose the appropriate forum before posting.

:vtes: V:EKN Website Coordinator

:baal: :AUS: :DAI: :FOR: :OBF: :PRE: :MAL: :STR: :flight: :cap11:

More
19 Aug 2014 19:43 #64990 by Piar Viarti
Thanks for moving it, that was indeed the forum I thought I had posted the question in. Sorry for the inconvenience.

More
20 Aug 2014 00:24 - 20 Aug 2014 01:56 #64991 by brandonsantacruz
The way I've always thought it worked is that if an ally is reduced to zero life it is immediately burned, but IANPB.

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/
Last edit: 20 Aug 2014 01:56 by brandonsantacruz.

More
20 Aug 2014 00:37 #64992 by Juggernaut1981
When the minion pays the cost it has 0 life and dies immediately ending the combat.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
20 Aug 2014 03:53 #64994 by Piar Viarti
Okay, thanks! That's how we'll play it, then.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.060 seconds