file shakar the hunt vs black throne

31 Aug 2014 22:03 #65182 by brandonsantacruz
I would quote the card text but this is from my phone. Can you tap black throne before shakar burns after an assamite torps the famed vampire?

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Sep 2014 02:12 - 01 Sep 2014 02:14 #65186 by ReverendRevolver

I would quote the card text but this is from my phone. Can you tap black throne before shakar burns after an assamite torps the famed vampire?

Black Throne, The

Master: unique location. Tap during a referendum to gain 2 votes. Tap when a minion with a contract leaves the ready region (only usable if an Assamite you control had been chosen for that contract) to

Artist(s): Mark Poole

Set(s): LotN:R

Shakar: the Hunt

Master: contract. Trifle. Unique. Requires a Black Hand vampire. Put this card on a ready minion. Every Black Hand vampire is considered chosen for this contract. Any Black Hand vampire can enter combat with this minon as a +1 stealth (D) action. Burn this card when this minion leaves the ready region.

Artist(s): Javier Santos

Set(s): DM:C

Id say "as X leaves the ready region" and "burn this WHEN X leaves the ready region" implies theres a window where its legal, but im not 137% sure by any means.(both say "when" but its a pair of during X do Y, so one doesnt inherently supercede the other. Drop two 16lb bowling balls from 10 feet in the air, they land the same time, etc....)

And the only difference posting from your phone ever makes with copy n paste is it takes 50 seconds longer in this case and doesnt include the pool cost.

If anyone wanted the pool cost of black throne included; eat me. Google it.

(Its 1 pool)
Last edit: 01 Sep 2014 02:14 by ReverendRevolver.

More
01 Sep 2014 09:01 #65190 by Pascal Bertrand
Name: The Black Throne
[LotN:R]
Cardtype: Master
Clan: Assamite
Cost: 1 pool
Master: unique location.
Tap during a referendum to gain 2 votes. Tap when a minion with a contract leaves the ready region (only usable if an Assamite you control had been chosen for that contract) to gain 1 pool.
Artist: Mark Poole

Name: Shakar: the Hunt
[DM:C]
Cardtype: Master
Master: contract. Trifle. Unique. Requires a Black Hand vampire.
Put this card on a ready minion. Every Black Hand vampire is considered chosen for this contract. Any Black Hand vampire can enter combat with this minon as a +1 stealth (D) action. Burn this card when this minion leaves the ready region.
Artist: Javier Santos

You have two events in the same window. You get to order them the way you want. But if you burn the Contract first, you can't use the Black Throne.

More
01 Sep 2014 09:33 #65192 by Asnek
i believe that this one is really dumb but i would rather ask to be sure:

Provision of the Silsila
Type: Action Modifier/Reaction
Requires: Assamite
Usable by a tapped vampire.
Only usable after a combat involving this Assamite and a minion with a contract naming this Assamite. Only usable if the opposing minion is not ready and this Assamite is ready. This Assamite gains enough blood from the blood bank to reach full capacity, and the contract is burned if still in play.

per last sentence of card (...and the contract is burned if still in play.) provision can be played at any time during this window? so i can play provision not dependent of moment when i do burn Shakar?

:hosk: :dem: :val: :for: :AUS: :NEC: :SER: :cap7:

assholepopulation.com/
Did u saw one today?

More
01 Sep 2014 09:51 - 01 Sep 2014 09:51 #65193 by drnlmza

You have two events in the same window. You get to order them the way you want. But if you burn the Contract first, you can't use the Black Throne.

What happens when the two cards are controlled by different Methuselahs?

--
National Coordinator
South Africa
Last edit: 01 Sep 2014 09:51 by drnlmza.

More
02 Sep 2014 07:17 #65229 by Juggernaut1981
@Asnek:

If the conditions were met (a minion with a contract naming this Assamite, this Assamite was in combat with that minion and that minion is not ready) then you may play Provision of the Silsila at any later point in the action. If the contract is still in play, it is burned.

So the following is legal:

Dave has Shakar the Hunt on him. He ends up in combat with Nizzam al-Latif. Dave is no longer ready at the end of the contract. Nizzam's controller taps the Black Throne (1 pool), then plays Provision of the Silsila giving Nizzam enough blood to fill him to capacity and the Contract burns from the Provision.

@Drnlmza
It would follow normal sequencing.
Acting Meth, Blocking Meth, Other guys around the table in order.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds