file Jyhad starters in limited format tournament

24 May 2015 19:27 #71313 by emime
Hello,

This has probably been asked already, but I cannot find a reference, so here we go...

The question is: what is the correct way to handle Jyhad starters in a (sanctioned) limited format (sealed or draft) tournament?

On the one hand, the limited tournament rules clearly state that, as regards the deck composition, "if any starters are used, the minimums are forty for the library and twelve for the crypt."

However, I have the impression that this rule was mostly devised with preconstructed starters in mind, as a viable crypt is already available in the starter for sure.

However, Jyhad starters are basically just very "fat" boosters, with a random assortment of 76 cards, so that it might appear more sensible to treat one of them as seven 11-card boosters, following the rule according to which one should "calculate the effective number of 11-card-boosters by dividing the total number of cards by 11 (rounded to the nearest whole number)".

In this case the minimum crypt size would be 7 and the minimum library size 35 (instead or 12 and 40 respectively).

So, what would be the best way to handle this situation? Thanks for your help!

Emiliano "Sans Terre" - Wandering Player - Prince of Brussels

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 May 2015 09:20 #71344 by emime
*BUMP*

So... nobody wants to help me? :(

Emiliano "Sans Terre" - Wandering Player - Prince of Brussels

More
27 May 2015 10:09 #71347 by Lönkka
I think you can pretty much run the Jyhad tournament as you see fit...

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
27 May 2015 11:33 #71348 by Borrelstein
Maybe some Swedish players can help, I think they did a Jyhad draft tournament recently in Gothenborg?

More
27 May 2015 11:40 #71349 by a-e
I would treat them as one mega booster pack and just draft them. Maybe split every starter to two and draft one half clockwise and other half counter clockwise. As everyone gets as many cards that they would get in 7 booster draft, I would go with 7 crypt and 35 library minimum with one recursion.

Marko, Prince of Helsinki

More
27 May 2015 18:08 #71356 by 2wayspeaker
But there's only 3 rares per jyhad booster. Doesn't this impact pretending they are 7 boosters?

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.078 seconds