file The Free Fight gambit

25 Nov 2015 11:30 #74531 by Jesper
The Free Fight gambit was created by Jesper
Vampire A calls Parity Shift (a blood brother from Kiev circle which have become a prince) vampire B blocks.

A Free Fight is used doing the combat.

Vampire C takes over combat in the start of a combat round before range is set.

What happens if vampire C plays a card to continue the action? Can he do that? IS it vampire A or vampire C who continues the action?

What if vampire C is not a prince or justicar, can he then take over combat since he couldent play the action card?

Noly LSJ ruling I can find about Free Fight have nothing to do with this.

reference
Only usable before range is determined.
:san: Tap this Blood Brother and any number of ready untapped members you control of this circle. Once each round before range is determined, or whenever your combatant leaves the ready region, you may choose one of these ready Blood Brothers to become the combatant instead (and combat continues).
:SAN: As above, and each of these Blood Brothers gets an optional press this combat.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Nov 2015 12:14 #74532 by Borrelstein
Just reading the card text, I think only the acting vampire can continue the action.
Free fight does not make any of the new combatants an acting vampire.
So in your example vampire C can not continue the action as he is not the acting vampire, regardless of what action it was.

More
25 Nov 2015 12:32 #74533 by jamesatzephyr

Just reading the card text, I think only the acting vampire can continue the action.
Free fight does not make any of the new combatants an acting vampire.

That's correct - another vampire who gets involved somehow (Free Fight, Heaven's Gate at [nec], Hidden Lurker etc.) isn't the acting minion unless you actually change the acting minion with an effect like Mask of a Thousand Faces. All the continue action things I can think of require you to be the acting minion or acting - which you're not if you go in through a Free Fight.

If there are any 'continue action' effects that don't limit themselves to the acting minion somehow, I'd expect them to be clarified/tweaked. But, for example:

Form of Mist: "If this vampire is acting and ..."
Momentary Delay: is an action modifier, and can therefore only be played by the acting minion (without extra text)
Ambulance: "After a combat between this acting minion and..."
Shadow Body: "if this vampire was blocked while performing an action other than a political action or bleeding" - a non-acting Free Fight combatant isn't the vampire who was blocked

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.048 seconds