file Scot Young and hoarde deck

25 Jun 2014 05:19 #63326 by Labrat
First off let me list the rules for the tournament i am building the deck for:-
ICON this year is a 'super-star' format..
For our purposes, this means a minimum of 4 copies of a unique vampire (or 30%) needs to be present in your crypt. Advanced versions count towards this total (e.g. 3 ADV Nergal + 1 base Nergal satisfies this requirement).
If your 'super-star' is involved in ousting your prey, you get 1 extra pool (i.e. bleed, deflect, vote, etc).
If another Methuselah causes you to lose control of your 'super-star' (i.e. burn, diablerie, theft, etc), you lose a pool.
A nice combo here would be to burn your prey`s 'super-star' when they have 1 pool to claim a tidy 7 pool to continue your turn.
The benefit of destroying a 'super-star' goes only to the first Methuselah who performs such an act (i.e. if you play Daemonic Possession on a dead 'super-star', or if you burn an already corrupted 'super-star', you do not cause the affected Methuselah to lose another pool.).

Ok
So my idea is to play Scot Youngwood as my 'super-star'
Her combo(if it works) is to use her ability, then play Propaganda, Play Phantom speaker as a mod…trying to tap out the other Methuselah . She also needs to use “concert tour” and “freak drive” “villain”

Then bleed with the horde…
I was also keen on the horde using “kaymakli Fragments” and maybe ranged agg + Amaranth .

What other ideas do you have.

I think my concept might be trying to do too much

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Jun 2014 06:45 #63327 by Ankha
Scout is better in a vote deck than in a bleed deck in my opinion. She can get support from other interesting vampires, and bleed can be seen as a "plan B".
Otherwise, OBF is a far better stealth discipline than MEL. You can add a few Virtuosa for the unblockage or bleed boost effect, buth Phantom Speaker is worse than Elder Impersonation.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
29 Jul 2014 13:02 #64378 by Labrat
I came 3rd at a small tournament here in SA with this deck
Crypt
4x Scout Youngwood
8x The Horde

Mater
2x Command Performance
2x Tribute to the Master
4x Path of evil Revolations
3x Wider View
3x Villein
2x Vessel
1x Giant’s Blood
Event
3x Anthelios, the Red Star
Equipment
4x Kaymakli Fragment
Action
6x Concert Tour
2x Veneficti (mage)
3x Psychic Veil
3x Dream World
7x Propaganda
6x Greater Curse
Duel
4xSwallow by the Night
Action modifier
6x Freak Drive
4x Faceless Night
4x Lost in the crowds
3x Cloak the Gathering
8x True Love’s Face
Combat
10x Majastey

More
30 Jul 2014 11:53 #64446 by ReverendRevolver
Format sounds good for the Assamite magagis.

Khabar honor, use the Abo card making your prey burn extra pool when yoi burn a minion, then devise a way to eat stars. Taking skin minion is fun too.

But yea, not as good as could be with scout n horde.

Id go with kindred spirits and serena the white.

4X serena
2-3X marge khan
Gem
Hagar
Bela
Arhtur
Whatever

Then, wall with serena, and spirit marionette. Take pool, dare the dawn and heidleberg to try burning stars.

Some fortitude prevent and freak drives for serena and marge, treat the sick mind to stop some stuff.

Similar ish in structure. Less burny, but steal a star and make them burn a pool? Sweet. Pack precognizent mobility to untap thier star if they try to avoid it.

More
30 Jul 2014 12:14 #64449 by kombainas
Format is perfect for younger-shall-not-block 11-cap Saulot with Spirit Marionettes ;)

!malk! :OBF: :DEM: :cel: :cap6: Sabbat. If this vampire's bleed is successful, he laughs manicly and untaps.

More
01 Aug 2014 01:29 #64554 by ReverendRevolver

Format is perfect for younger-shall-not-block 11-cap Saulot with Spirit Marionettes ;)

Then daring the dawn and Andy/Cesar diablerizes. Giggle.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.065 seconds