file Under the Reigns of Dracula

03 Mar 2015 15:12 #69634 by alek
just got another idea. If I understand correctly Vlad can play and use Kduva's Mask and even better he can fish for it with Magic of the Smith. Am I right? If yes, than exploring voting options is still worthy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Mar 2015 15:15 #69636 by cordovader

just got another idea. If I understand correctly Vlad can play and use Kduva's Mask and even better he can fish for it with Magic of the Smith. Am I right? If yes, than exploring voting options is still worthy.

Too slow IMO. Read my previous post, I just posted my decklist of Vlad Tepes Chameleon.

More
04 Mar 2015 06:28 - 04 Mar 2015 09:11 #69640 by alek
as for your deck:
it could work. In chameleon decks playing crypt acceleration (zillah's valley/ info highway/ eternals of sirius) is a must. Without it you may not be able to play chameleon at all because vampires will enter play in earlier turns. How it went during games?
as for my deck:
I think Kduva's Mask is a good addition. Going for it costs you an action but you're doing it only if you need votes. And additional bleed and special against auspex are very handy.

I posted new version (without Regent) in first post.

Also I would like to try it with g.2-3 old tzimisce crypt (lambach, sasha vykos advanced)
Last edit: 04 Mar 2015 09:11 by alek.

More
04 Mar 2015 09:10 - 04 Mar 2015 09:14 #69643 by alek
Below is the version with Koldunic Sorcerers and amazing Sasha Vykos advance as a co-star.

Deck Name: Tzimisce - Under the Reigns of Dracula v.2
Created By: Aleksander Idizak
Description: Koldunic Sorcerers version

Crypt: (12 cards, Min: 31, Max: 40, Avg: 9,08)
1 Ladislas Toth for AUS DOM THA7 Tremere Antitribu
2 Lambach ANI AUS DOM pre VIC10 Tzimisce
1 Meshenka ANI AUS VIC 8 Tzimisce
1 Sascha Vykos ani AUS dom THA VIC8 Tzimisce
2 Sascha Vykos ani dom AUS THA VIC8 Tzimisce
5 Vlad Tepes aus VIC THA PRO DOM ANI10 Tzimisce

Library: (90 cards)
Master (19 cards)
2 Dreams of the Sphinx
1 Giant`s Blood
1 Information Highway
1 Monastery of Shadows
2 Pentex(TM) Subversion
2 Powerbase: Madrid
4 Villein
1 Wider View
5 Zillah`s Valley

Action (12 cards)
1 Far Mastery
5 Govern the Unaligned
3 Magic of the Smith
3 Under Siege

Action Modifier (14 cards)
6 Changeling
1 Conditioning
1 Foreshadowing Destruction
6 Mirror Walk

Political Action (13 cards)
1 Anarchist Uprising
1 Ancient Influence
1 Ancilla Empowerment
2 Banishment
5 Parity Shift
1 Political Stranglehold
2 Reckless Agitation

Reaction (15 cards)
5 Deflection
2 Eyes of Argus
5 Obedience
3 On the Qui Vive

Combat (10 cards)
4 Chiropteran Marauder
2 Meld with the Land
4 Theft of Vitae

Ally (1 cards)
1 Mylan Horseed (Goblin)

Equipment (4 cards)
1 Bowl of Convergence
1 Heart of Nizchetus
1 Ivory Bow
1 Kduva`s Mask

Combo (2 cards)
2 Plasmic Form
Last edit: 04 Mar 2015 09:14 by alek.

More
04 Mar 2015 16:21 #69649 by cordovader

as for your deck:
it could work. In chameleon decks playing crypt acceleration (zillah's valley/ info highway/ eternals of sirius) is a must. Without it you may not be able to play chameleon at all because vampires will enter play in earlier turns. How it went during games?
as for my deck:
I think Kduva's Mask is a good addition. Going for it costs you an action but you're doing it only if you need votes. And additional bleed and special against auspex are very handy.

I posted new version (without Regent) in first post.

Also I would like to try it with g.2-3 old tzimisce crypt (lambach, sasha vykos advanced)

Differently from Nakthorheb, with Vlad Tepes you don't need crypt accelerators because he doesn't need to be anarch and baron to play Chameleon.

With this deck you steal quickly 1-2 vamps and then the other players stop influencing, which is good for you. Then you just Mind Rape key vampires and start banishing.

The problem is that you get all the aggro really fast.

You don't have the time to lose to equip Kduva's Mask, only if you multiact (with Dual Form or similar).

More
04 Mar 2015 21:13 #69652 by alek

Differently from Nakthorheb, with Vlad Tepes you don't need crypt accelerators because he doesn't need to be anarch and baron to play Chameleon.

but chameleon works only on vampires that come into play since your last turn, so if other players would influence their vampires earlier (and they will because you're playing big caps without crypt accelarion) you're not able to play chameleon at all.
Nakthorheb is becoming anarch with anarch convert, it doesn't costs him an action. Also thx to untap he can play chameleon first turn he can act (fee stake, untap, chameleon)

You don't have the time to lose to equip Kduva's Mask, only if you multiact (with Dual Form or similar)

I'm not so worried about taking actions to equip. This deck has a lot of defense so it don't need to rush for vp's just from the start. It would be better if vlad had some votes just from the start but I think it's still worthy to try play political decks with him.

More
05 Mar 2015 03:51 #69657 by blackday
It doesnt matter really how late your vampire comes into play, you can always play banishment and then get them when they influence it back out.
With the Nakthoreb you would need the anarch convert, fee stake and chameleon ready. Not to mention the possibility of being blocked during the action of playing fee stake.
What cordovader is saying is that you would need less cards to pull it off. Just Vlad and chameleon.
Both decks have their own ups and downs.

More
05 Mar 2015 07:41 - 05 Mar 2015 07:46 #69660 by alek

It doesnt matter really how late your vampire comes into play, you can always play banishment and then get them when they influence it back out.

It matters a lot. First you need to have banishment (there are only two in presented deck) and more important you need votes for it and all you have is Vlad Tepes that can become baron and a hope that nobody will destroy his title in the meantime. All your other vampires are to small to play fee stake. To sum it up:

1.There is no crypt accelaration so other pepole will influence their vampires earlier -> no possibility to play chameleon in starting turns of the game
2. Very small number of votes and others can even destroy (and you're not blocking deck) the only ones you have -> minimal chance to succesfully play banishments

How can you hope to succesfully play chameleons with it? That's why I'm saying that crypt accelaration in this deck is a must. It's even more important than in Narkthotheb build which has presence and can play vote push and more vampires that can become baron.

What cordovader is saying is that you would need less cards to pull it off. Just Vlad and chameleon.
Both decks have their own ups and downs.

Fully agree with this one, but that doesn't mean that you don't need crypt acceleration. You will just have better chances to have all cards you need on your hand because you don't need fee stake
Last edit: 05 Mar 2015 07:46 by alek.

More
05 Mar 2015 10:28 #69662 by Borrelstein
I agree the political route seems difficult, you can hardly expect to get vote lock with this deck; the opportunity to steal voters with Chameleon is small and one Inner Circle 9or even a 10-cap justicar) at the table will ruin the day if you rely on banishment. Maybe Brainwash to just slow them down as in the 419 decks?

Anyway I think Chameleon is pretty hard to pull off repeatedly, mostly because of the timing issue and the blood cost in addition to the stealth/unblockable cards that cost blood as well. Heidelberg is a good option to refill Vlad after stealing, but still you will probably not have it until midgame. So I would not rely on Chameleon as your main strategy to win, not to mention the table hate you will get if you steal vamps repeatedly - plenty of incentive to kill you cross table.

Anyway many midcap/weenie decks will still bring out new minions after the initial phase, so I think it is still nice to have 1-2 chameleons in a Vlad deck. Just stealing the extra midcap that your prey just brought out with Governed Sup., or even an Embrace, can already have a lot of impact on your ousting chances.

More
05 Mar 2015 11:45 #69663 by alek

Anyway many midcap/weenie decks will still bring out new minions after the initial phase, so I think it is still nice to have 1-2 chameleons in a Vlad deck.

that's very interesting idea to explore in political Vlad deck which is already planning to play some banishments. I will try to find a space for 1-2 copies.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.131 seconds