times Storyline - The Red Sign 2015

02 Mar 2015 23:08 #69605 by brandonsantacruz
Instead of printing the cards can I just put a big block of text on the table to befuddle my opponents?:huh:

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/
The following user(s) said Thank You: mjvtes521

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Mar 2015 23:21 #69606 by Juggernaut1981
1) Master Card "Paths/Schools" are meant to go with the Quintessence to the same place?
2) Straw into Gold is meant to give you 1 pool from your prey's pool and if you burn Quintessence it is increased to 2 or "1 from prey 1 from blood bank"?

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
03 Mar 2015 07:16 #69613 by Ankha

2) Straw into Gold is meant to give you 1 pool from your prey's pool and if you burn Quintessence it is increased to 2 or "1 from prey 1 from blood bank"?

The latter. It says "gain", not "steal".

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
03 Mar 2015 10:27 #69616 by Montebellus
Is it ok if I insert random pictures in .pdf before printing? The blank space annoys me...

More
03 Mar 2015 14:52 #69630 by BenPeal

Is it ok if I insert random pictures in .pdf before printing? The blank space annoys me...

I don't see this as being a problem. I'm all for cool pictures.

More
03 Mar 2015 14:56 #69631 by BenPeal

It says that printing out the cards to use is like the official sets, so that means color printouts and whatever other requirements?

I think we can forego the color printout requirement for the storyline games.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
03 Mar 2015 15:14 #69635 by self biased
i'll see what I can do.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
05 Mar 2015 22:08 - 05 Mar 2015 22:09 #69676 by margrave
I was reading the card The red sign, and it says "once during your turn a mage or vampire you control can take a +1 stealth action to add 1 counter to it. Any mage or vampire can steal this card as a D action."
This means that the imbued are not welcome in this storyline? that is because they cannot steal the card or add counters to it.
However in the exemple of how to have a legal deck they are mentioned:
At least 75% (e.g. 9 out of 12) of the vampires in each player’s crypt must belong to the same clan. In this context, ‘clan’ includes all bloodlines, Panders and Imbued, but not Caitiff.

how do I interpret that? I can play with them, but they have a major disadvantage? or I cannot play with them at all?

regards
Last edit: 05 Mar 2015 22:09 by margrave.

More
06 Mar 2015 07:34 #69682 by Hakuron
Hi!
Storyline is about telling stories, therefore players are asked for playing "clan decks".
Caitiffs are not a clan by definion; Imbued are, but do not have the chance to go for the Red Sign themselves.
If you want to build a storyline Imbued deck nevertheless is up to you.

:tore:

National Coordinator Germany
nc [dot] germany [at] magenta [dot] de

More
06 Mar 2015 10:33 #69685 by Whisker
@margrave
Imbued and other vampire hunters are unlikely to be aware of the 'Red Sign' ritual that can turn vampires back to mortal humans. They are likely to see increase in vampire's and witches activity and boost their own efforts to combat these threats to humanity.

Should imbued win a many storyline games this could be interpreted them taking advantage of vampire's and mages being busy with each other. Should they actually win majority of games, they could perhaps become aware of the Red Sign ritual or perhaps even gain possession of whatever scrolls or books contain information about the ritual. I guess at least the redeemers creed of imbued would be very interested of this.

Just my two Eurocents.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.107 seconds