lightbulb Looking for US Results 2014/2015

26 Apr 2015 12:49 - 08 Sep 2022 11:13 #70718 by extrala
I was looking at some results of US tournaments (or the lack of it), so I was hoping you guys can help me out:

1. What were the results of the US Nationals 2014? There's no result in the event calendar and I couldn't find a TWD for the event.

2. Can somebody please tell me details on the NE Qualifier 2015 (TempleCon). At least the event results are in the event calendar, but no TWD reported.

Can somebody please tell me what kind of decks the finalists played and preferably also post the TWD?
1. Matthew Morgan (USA) -- 2 GW 10 VP -- 5 VP --
2. David Cherryholmes (USA) -- 2 GW 5.5 VP -- 0 VP --
2. Christopher Malec (USA) -- 1 GW 4 VP -- 0 VP --
2. Jennifer Hirsch (USA) -- 1 GW 3.5 VP -- 0 VP --
2. Mark Danko (USA) -- 1 GW 3.5 VP -- 0 VP --

3. Can somebody please tell me about the results of the NW Qualifier 2015? There's a TWD posted, but no results (yet) in the event calendar.
Last edit: 08 Sep 2022 11:13 by Ankha.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Apr 2015 20:11 #70720 by self biased

I was looking at some results of US tournaments (or the lack of it), so I was hoping you guys can help me out:

1. What were the results of the US Nationals 2014? There's no result in the event calendar and I couldn't find a TWD for the event.

2. Can somebody please tell me details on the NE Qualifier 2015 (TempleCon). At least the event results are in the event calendar, but no TWD reported.

Can somebody please tell me what kind of decks the finalists played and preferably also post the TWD?
1. Matthew Morgan (USA) -- 2 GW 10 VP -- 5 VP --
2. David Cherryholmes (USA) -- 2 GW 5.5 VP -- 0 VP --
2. Christopher Malec (USA) -- 1 GW 4 VP -- 0 VP --
2. Jennifer Hirsch (USA) -- 1 GW 3.5 VP -- 0 VP --
2. Mark Danko (USA) -- 1 GW 3.5 VP -- 0 VP --

3. Can somebody please tell me about the results of the NW Qualifier 2015? There's a TWD posted, but no results (yet) in the event calendar.

1. Matthew Morgan (USA) -- 2 GW 10 VP -- 5 VP --I don't remember what he played, but it was pretty frightening to behold.
2. David Cherryholmes (USA) -- 2 GW 5.5 VP -- 0 VP -- Dave played a g4/5 ravnos trap-arition deck.
2. Christopher Malec (USA) -- 1 GW 4 VP -- 0 VP -- I played a g1/2 Brujah breed/boon deck that i borrowed from Ben Peal.
2. Jennifer Hirsch (USA) -- 1 GW 3.5 VP -- 0 VP -- Jen played a Malkavian political deck using lutz von hohenzollern
2. Mark Danko (USA) -- 1 GW 3.5 VP -- 0 VP -- Mark played a Malk '94 sneak and bleed deck.
The following user(s) said Thank You: extrala

More
26 Apr 2015 22:12 - 26 Apr 2015 22:14 #70721 by TryDeflectingThisGrapple

I'm sure Grayson will upload the Archon soon, if he hasn't already.

Finals were as follows:

Fletcher Gibson (4th seed, TurboBaron: Possession variant) --> Ethan Gunsul (3rd seed, Gangrel bleed + Thing bloat + rush allies) --> Brian Moritz (1st seed, EU Brujah w/o Govern) --> Grayson Nootenboom (2nd seed, G3/4 Nos toolbox) --> Darby Keeney (5th seed, Legacy of Pander + Rising).

Fletcher couldn't get a Villein to start the turbo movement, Ethan kept getting blocked by Brian, Darby was hamstrung by something like 12 votes against almost everything that reached the table, Grayson finally had to backrush Brian (who had been the most effective predator up until that point).

That turn lead to some truly unholy deal-making, culminating in Fletcher's and Grayson's demise (Brian 1 VP, Darby 1 VP). After concerted attempt to reach a Darby-Ethan heads-up failed, the Pander resorted to swarm bleeding for 2 more VP (Darby 4 VP, Brian 1 VP).
Last edit: 26 Apr 2015 22:14 by TryDeflectingThisGrapple.
The following user(s) said Thank You: extrala

More
27 Apr 2015 01:14 #70722 by brandonsantacruz
As an organizer I find submitting archons through the website so unwieldy that I would rather not have ratings if it meant that the TWDs and winners I post would be recognized. I have yet to submit an archon successfully with this new system.

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/

More
27 Apr 2015 16:29 #70736 by Lönkka

As an organizer I find submitting archons through the website so unwieldy /quote]
Huh!?

Uploading the Archon file to the event's page (taking some 10 seconds) is... umwieldy?

I'm verily puzzled...

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
27 Apr 2015 17:23 #70738 by brandonsantacruz

As an organizer I find submitting archons through the website so unwieldy /quote]
Huh!?

Uploading the Archon file to the event's page (taking some 10 seconds) is... umwieldy?

I'm verily puzzled...

It will not accept my archon's. I've gotten close. It may be a problem with the version of excel that archon is written in.

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.093 seconds