file Tactical Nuke decks

30 Sep 2011 13:26 #11229 by Surreal
Replied by Surreal on topic Re: Tactical Nuke decks
Girls is a good deck for lunge also. It works little bit same as !Ventrue grinders. But generating lot of pool for surviving instead of blocking/deflecting. When there's enough ICs and permanent bleed on the table, you can get oust cards with one Ashur tablets swing. Ashurs are amazing for lunge. This is very easy to see coming but I feel players need to reminded of this constantly. That DEM going full throttle in your crosstable is not table threat for you (well depends) if you go whack that deck you will just play table for Girls/!Ventrue or some deck with strong end game.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Sep 2011 15:47 #11241 by Kushiel
Replied by Kushiel on topic Re: Tactical Nuke decks
I've never quite got it working the way I want it to, but I've been tinkering for several years now with an Assamite deck that generates lots of pool via Haqim's Law Leadership (and in some versions, Con Boon), puts out lots of small guys, and then lunges with a combination of Khabar Community and superior Dream World. In theory, it does exactly what you're referring to here, particularly since it doesn't look very threatening before the first Dream World comes out.

More
30 Sep 2011 16:05 #11243 by Suoli
Replied by Suoli on topic Re: Tactical Nuke decks

I've never quite got it working the way I want it to, but I've been tinkering for several years now with an Assamite deck that generates lots of pool via Haqim's Law Leadership (and in some versions, Con Boon), puts out lots of small guys, and then lunges with a combination of Khabar Community and superior Dream World. In theory, it does exactly what you're referring to here, particularly since it doesn't look very threatening before the first Dream World comes out.

I've found that Reliquary: Shango Remains + Lilith's Blessing adds a great deal of consistency to weenie Assamites, to the point where it just outright wins games. Presence-Assamites probably don't mind Discipline grafting, either.

More
30 Sep 2011 16:26 #11244 by Mephistopheles

As mentioned, any deck involving Palla Grande or Week of Nightmares can do this, although the threat is pretty obvious for a while.

!Ventrue grinders tend to launch tactical nukes too; the will just sit there Governing at superior and blocking for a while and when they see an opening they produce 15 bleed. Vignes also tends to do this, although that gets usually accompanied with a Misdirection and a turn 2 Anarch Troublemaker that everyone forgot about. Kiasyd bleed is another such deck thanks to Song of Pan, but that's also one of those decks where you see the trick coming from miles away. The best non-dominate example I can come up with is a DoC embrace/vote deck that can out of nowhere play and pass 5-6 KRCs in a single turn thanks to Echo of Harmonies. Something similar can be done with Nos breed, but that requires saving up KRC's for a *long* time and Nosferatu are less likely to have votelock, while for the daughters, between Conductor and Bastille Opera House, this is pretty trivial.

That said, in all fairness what you are asking is "what kind of decks can lunge". Both the decks you describe are decks with a strong ability to produce a LOT of pool damage with relatively few cards. Any deck can do this by just saving up, say, 4 Conditionings. The trick is, as you actually describe, to play defensively and safe up offense to use when you have a shot. This isn't really about deck types, but more about playstyle and playing the deck well.

I always try to remind people that nuking your prey when you can't oust him is an excercise in futility. Unless your deck is built for constant pressure (KS, Lawfirm) there is really no point in blowing all your +bleed on one prey, leave him at 5 pool in a superdefensive stance while your grandprey cleans up the table.

The tactical nuke you speak of is, IMO, not really a deck-unique thing. It's just a very efficient way to oust people.

Yep, it is much about playstyle. I play my new Toreador Grand Ball deck like that. But some decks can't be played like that some demand you to play like that. I am curious which decks prefer to be played that way.

NC for Hungary

hunfragment.blogspot.com

More
30 Sep 2011 20:09 #11254 by Adonai
Replied by Adonai on topic Re: Tactical Nuke decks
Guruhi/Osebo Brutal Influence should be like that.
Certainly you can see it coming, but that 10-12 point bleed that happens during a Strange Day should always be game changing.

More
30 Sep 2011 21:19 - 30 Sep 2011 21:19 #11256 by TryDeflectingThisGrapple
+1 to Jeff's post on Brutal Influence decks, especially when combined with a little multiaction and Banishment/Exile. The version I built spent alot of time looking like it was in trouble: Brutal down to pull 2 off, Exile backwards for defense, call a few votes, etc. Then, it turned left for 12-18 pool damage to oust and went back to (trying) to look innocent.

I think there are new Blood Brothers decks that can be played the same way. Redistribution + Slake the Thirst, Hive Mind both ways, Tribute to the Master - just move counters around (and back to your pool) to survive your predator, until you get 5 minions with 3 blood and a couple Walk of Caine + Shell Games. Bleed for a 6 per minion at 2 stealth, 3 times. Bounce remains more of a problem in this construct, though intercept is less of a problem (you can bleed for 6 at 4 stealth with 2 cards, once per turn)

Robert Goudie's Bleedzooka also did this. Think Malk '94 using a lot of Mask of 1000 Faces as the meat of the stealth module. Wait until you can bring up 3 [DOM][obf/OBF] minions at once, and by that time your prey is probably around 14 pool. Come up and Govern+Condition with all 3 minions, playing the Masks at [obf] if needed to cycle (and allow multiple Command of the Beasts). The potential opening salvo would be 25 bleed if the stars align right. I've seen it do close to that, killing 2 people in that first turn of action.

Most Imbued decks function the way you describe too. Tool up, intercept + Champion to survive, move a lot of cards around, then produce a flurry of 2-3 pt bleeds at 1-2 stealth from each minion, creating an oust in 1-2 turns.

Turbo Nergal/Cycle calling the Beast and Eternal Masking is clearly another version of this, though one that doesn't sit around.
Last edit: 30 Sep 2011 21:19 by TryDeflectingThisGrapple.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KevinM

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds