file New/old player, some questions.

21 Oct 2011 06:20 - 21 Oct 2011 10:28 #12541 by Millstone
Hi all,

recently rediscovered Vampire and, after purchasing some premade decks (Keepers of Tradition IIRC, anyway a normal Brujah, Malkavian and a Toreador deck), I really want to play again.
Fortunatly I have 2 friends who also played, some 15 years ago (dunno, we started with Jyhad cards and stopped shortly after the Sabbat).

He had/has a nasty Ventrue/Nosferatu deck (loads of votes, and taking a political action with a lot of stealth), she has/had probably a tremere deck (not sure).

I've always enjoyed Brujah, I like their style.
Basically I want to 'fix' the deck a bit so I can intercept my friend better (all those political actions kinda suck).
I will probably have some newbie questions also about combat and stuff. I've probably forgotten some basics in the meantime, it's been a few years!

Moost of the time we played mixed clan decks though, and with 40 blood or something. Games took a while, too... fun times (big decks!).

I have most of the older cards from the Jyhad set and the political correct V:tes versions so I dont have to worry about mixed cards :).
I have some Sabbat and Ancient Hearts, and Dark Sovereigns.

So this is as much as a 'hi everyone, good to be here' as it is a small plea for help.
Meanwhile, I'll think about something that can works as a decent 'edge', because I like some of the tings I saw in that thread!

Cheers,

M.
Last edit: 21 Oct 2011 10:28 by Millstone.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Oct 2011 06:31 #12543 by Ashur
The community here gladly answer any questions - fire at will!

As for intercepting a Ventrue vote deck (who don´t run any extra stealth), I recommend a bunch of Sport Bikes for your Brujahs, and some media locations that give intercept.

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

More
21 Oct 2011 06:36 #12546 by Millstone
Hi, thanks!

I think he used the Nosferatu to make sure the political action 'went', and then used his ventrue with a lot of backupvotes to make sure it passed.
So I really need to intercept the Nossies.

More
21 Oct 2011 06:42 #12548 by alek
Brujah is not a good clan if you want to play a lot of intercept. If you are playing with lot of princes/ justicars play a lot of Second Tradition: Domain, it's great intercept card for titled vampires, additinally you will have lot of votes so you could just say no to some political actions (it would be even easier if you have New Carthage card). You can add some intercept locations (f.e. KRCG News Radio) to the mix as well. If you prefer playing brujah without titles it's much better forget about intercept and focus on what your deck should be doing. Brujah made great combat decks, so you could just focus on it and kill ventrue minions. Without ready vampires he would be unable to call political actions. Offense often is best defense. You can as well add few delaying tactics card. It's very good anti political card.

More
21 Oct 2011 06:55 #12551 by Lönkka
Or, since you need very little intercept against the Ventrues, why not enter combat with the stealthy Nosferatus and torporize them?

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Away
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
21 Oct 2011 10:26 #12554 by Millstone
Yeah, why not... :)

Should I 'upgrade' this premade deck (link: www.thelasombra.com/decks/brujah_precon_kot.htm)to make it more 'competitive' in my current playgroup, or should I roll with it?
The vampires seem awefully 'big' to me, shoulkdnt there be some more smaller vamps, with capacity 4-5 ? or 7-8 ?

Granted, I've not yet played with this deck, but I am quite sure it can be made a tad better with minor tweakings.
I just dont see them at the moment...:-\ apart from a few wakes or forced awakenings.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.065 seconds