file On Villein. 1. "problematic card"

03 Dec 2011 15:24 #16926 by Arthur Volts

I'm putting together a Gangrel anti deck with this idea in mind. If you play Villein, I'll rush you and torp your vamp. I have plenty of cards to choose from that can get rid of vampires in torpor via diablerie, without diablerie and even take out vamps in their inactive region if the opportunity arises with memories fading glimpse.

And how will you win? (*)

(*) Rhetorical

Plenty of cards which kill pool for vampires being in torpor.

Put out the gehenna card which makes vampires have to hunt vampires. tension in the ranks. Fame. Ante awakening if you want. Anarch revolt. Go out there and kill kill kill.

Fame works best though. Make sure you have pool gain set up and run around like a fireball upsetting everyone's play style. Chaos is on your side since you've already planned for it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Dec 2011 19:44 - 03 Dec 2011 21:16 #16951 by Izaak
Sorry if you didn't get my question.

I didn't ask "how do you oust your prey?" I asked "how will you win?".

Winning generally involves getting 2 or more VP. Winning does not involve making your prey and predator miserable while you spend 6 turns getting rid of ~15 pool while someone else is winning.
Last edit: 03 Dec 2011 21:16 by Izaak.

More
05 Dec 2011 19:53 #17178 by Kushiel

Make sure you have pool gain set up and run around like a fireball upsetting everyone's play style. Chaos is on your side since you've already planned for it.

Has this worked for you in tournament-level play? I can't remember ever seeing someone doing this who then made it to the finals.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dorrinal

More
09 Dec 2011 06:50 - 09 Dec 2011 06:53 #17771 by Arthur Volts
I'm also not strictly commenting on tournament style play. There are people who may have a certain meta in their casual play group.

It probably wouldn't be my first choice of deck to run in an actual event that isn't casual play, but the more I think about it the more I want to make one.
It's possible to balance your run around actions with forward motion and putting pressure on your prey.

I do get a sick pleasure out of messing with peoples perfect designs and intentions.

It's not about blocking everything your opponent's are playing. It's about choosing the precise point to cause the most chaos or damage.
Last edit: 09 Dec 2011 06:53 by Arthur Volts.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.095 seconds