file On Ashur Tablets 2. "problematic card"

19 Nov 2011 14:40 #15024 by Pendargon
I don't think the voting started, guys...

:QUI: :POT: :OBE: :CEL: :OBF: :tore: :assa:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joscha

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Nov 2011 23:55 #15085 by Sudden Reversal
PRO

The negatives are already built into the card. To not risk losing those card slot you need to stuff more in to be the first to accumulate three. Going off early with three doesn't gain you much back in terms of recursion.

Yes, I can see some decks have a field day with it but they are very focused on making that happen. Once again, the issue is Villein in those decks and the effective three or four masters in a turn.

Aaron
Archbishop
Adelaide

More
21 Nov 2011 13:58 #15230 by Erol
PRO

I built the "Girls" non-combat deck the swedish Guys were playing to see how it works. First of all I found it very hard to play and win with it. The Ashurs help with survivability, getting a good card from the ash heap and putting the ousting mechanism back into the library. But its not a game breaker. The synergies are very strong, especially with Anthelios/Liquidation. But the two core minions can be beaten easily, in multiple ways. I think the latest metagame made the deck strong also. Many players played biggies or higher midcaps. So only some big bleeds that could be deflected via Aksinya and everybody is playing with Reins of Power/Ancient Infuence/Political Stranglehold. That allowed the deck to develop in the mid- to lategame so it became increasingly stronger.
Many players disregard the whole view on the enviroment in which cards can thrive. So I say, Ashurs should stay as they are and not only because of the points I mentioned above, but it does help some combat decks to gain more survivability, even if you need MMPA Vampires.

BTW I ousted two "Girls" decks in the EC Day 1 and twice it was done because I could destroy the Anthelios with an Uncoiling.

just my 2 cents

:laso: :camarilla: :POT: :DOM: :DEM: :PRE: :cap8: - Prince of Karlsruhe, Germany
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brum, Izaak

More
22 Nov 2011 07:07 #15404 by Lönkka

PRO
BTW I ousted two "Girls" decks in the EC Day 1 and twice it was done because I could destroy the Anthelios with an Uncoiling.

Girls are tough but you just need to have the few odd cards in your deck to seriously kneecap them.

Like I did to Daniel's Gils deck during FCQ, when I put him to ropes with Trochomancy. No cards in discard pile = no recursion...

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
25 Nov 2011 18:26 #15967 by Wedge
Neutral-

I don't think aushers is the a problem, it is anthelios.

More
25 Nov 2011 20:52 - 25 Nov 2011 20:53 #15999 by Izaak

PRO

Girls are tough but you just need to have the few odd cards in your deck to seriously kneecap them.

Like I did to Daniel's Gils deck during FCQ, when I put him to ropes with Trochomancy. No cards in discard pile = no recursion...

Playing an Uncoiling is hardly odd. It's as staple as Dreams, Pentex and Govern. It gets rid of Anthelios, which shuts down the strongest master-based recursion in the game. Anthelios is common as hell and way, way stronger than the whole Ashur/Liquidation engine.

Really, Girls will find... is good because of (1) Aksinya and (2) Anthelios. Liquidation is to make sure that (1) it doesn't die in the first few turns and (2) put stuff like Jake and Villein in your ashpile so you can cycle them back with spare Zillah's and the like. The Ashurs are then used later on to get the lost cards back. It's not without reason that this decktype has evolved from 15 or 18 Ashurs back to 6 or 9.

Uncoiling also gets rid of Unmasking which is played in pretty much every game. It's a must-play in for/dom based bleed decks (Vignes), Lawfirms, breed-type of decks and basically anything that doesn't sport obfuscate. As a side-bonus it foils those silly table-hate Gehenna decks.

Ashurs are fine, really. The whole "problem" that is suggested only exists in the minds of those who don't own 6 or more Ashur Tablets.
Last edit: 25 Nov 2011 20:53 by Izaak.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds