file On Ashur Tablets 2. "problematic card"

25 Nov 2011 21:08 #16001 by Ohlmann

Uncoiling also gets rid of Unmasking which is played in pretty much every game. It's a must-play in for/dom based bleed decks (Vignes), Lawfirms, breed-type of decks and basically anything that doesn't sport obfuscate. As a side-bonus it foils those silly table-hate Gehenna decks.

Unfortunaly in my opinion, it also get rid of Dragonbound, one of the few oust technic for heavy combat deck. Well it's only a problem for people like me that believe very combat-heavy deck should exist, I suppose.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Nov 2011 07:14 #16011 by Lech

PRO

The negatives are already built into the card. To not risk losing those card slot you need to stuff more in to be the first to accumulate three. Going off early with three doesn't gain you much back in terms of recursion.

Yes, I can see some decks have a field day with it but they are very focused on making that happen. Once again, the issue is Villein in those decks and the effective three or four masters in a turn.

How is villein the issue when half of those dont pack villein at all?

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.

More
26 Nov 2011 14:29 - 26 Nov 2011 14:29 #16035 by bakija

Unfortunaly in my opinion, it also get rid of Dragonbound, one of the few oust technic for heavy combat deck. Well it's only a problem for people like me that believe very combat-heavy deck should exist, I suppose.

Combat decks can do fine without Dragonboned. Fame, Tension, Anarch Revolt, some sideline Presence or Dominate, Codex of the Edenic Grounds Keepers all make combat heavy decks totally viable. I mean, they are never going to be as consistent as S+B or Ventrue Law Firm (or, well, anything with Parity Shift...), which is necessary for the game to work (as if Rush combat was as consistent as S+B or whatever, that's all anyone would ever play and the game would be atrocious). But they can do fine and win tournaments periodically. And Dragonboned, while handy, is hardly something to rely on.
Last edit: 26 Nov 2011 14:29 by bakija.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lech

More
16 Dec 2012 14:35 #42976 by bluezeb
I love Giovanni Recursion tech.
However this card did take away the reason to play Giovanni clan or NEC base cards.

2nd I don’t own any Ashur Tablets to even try it out.

I think the card is fine, just adding clan requirement of HOS to it and we be golden from Clan background story point of view.

I just don’t think that everyone should be able to use Recursion better then "original" Clan.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.087 seconds