file On Lilith's Blessing 3. "problematic card"

16 Nov 2011 15:07 #14556 by Joscha
This is the third thread of the discussions about cards some people see as problematic.

As this is a collection of arguments for keeping the card as it is (PRO card) or changing it in whatever way (CONTRA card).

It would be most useful, if you could write above your entry, if your arguments are PRO or CONTRA the card as it is to attain best clarity of what speaks in favor of the card and what does not.

After 7 days of discussion I will initialize a poll about that specific card, in which the alternatives can be found.

Lilith's Blessing
Master
[1 Pool]
Master.
Put this card in play. As a master phase action, you may tap this card to search your library for a master: Discipline card and choose a ready non-Bahari vampire you control who has no blood. That vampire gains the Discipline card (if any) and 3 blood and becomes Bahari.

PRO
I think this card is only a problem because the trifelness of Villein. Without that it is rather difficult to be on zero blood in a master phase without a Vessel on you. The effect is very good indeed, but not broken or damaging the game. So I'd leave it as it is, if Villein was changed.

Baron of Frankfurt

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Nov 2011 15:35 #14571 by acbishop
PRO

Sure it is an advantage and it's weird that's not Unique, but if you want absolutely to do the faomus Villein + Lilith every turn you need to play lots of Lilith's to be sure to have it, so your deck will be constructed for using that and you won't have any other useful masters.

:vtes:

More
16 Nov 2011 15:57 #14578 by Pascal Bertrand
I suppose its non-uniqueness comes from the fact that the card was supposed to be introduced in a storyline event, where contesting the storyline cards would have been .. unefficient.

More
16 Nov 2011 16:14 - 16 Nov 2011 16:17 #14582 by Boris The Blade

PRO

Sure it is an advantage and it's weird that's not Unique, but if you want absolutely to do the faomus Villein + Lilith every turn you need to play lots of Lilith's to be sure to have it, so your deck will be constructed for using that and you won't have any other useful masters.

Not with Anthelios that lets you recycle the extra Lilith's Blessing into something more useful. I don't think any of those cards can be judged separately. It is the whole master bloat module that is abusive. I'd rather get a hoser against extra MPAs than an erratum on any of the discussed cards.
Last edit: 16 Nov 2011 16:17 by Boris The Blade.

More
16 Nov 2011 16:15 #14583 by Pendargon
CONTRA

I feel it needs to be unique, to add a contest fear. As it is, andybody can use it, and 3 blood on an empty vampire is decent for an MPA. Fetching a discipline is just cherry on top, and excellent in turbo decks

:QUI: :POT: :OBE: :CEL: :OBF: :tore: :assa:

More
16 Nov 2011 18:16 #14599 by brandonsantacruz
I'm pro LB. If villein wasn't a trifle or was otherwise less easy to use, LB would be more fair.

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/
The following user(s) said Thank You: Juggernaut1981, Hakuron

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds