file On Lilith's Blessing 3. "problematic card"

16 Nov 2011 18:18 - 17 Nov 2011 16:56 #14601 by Lech
CONTRA

I feel it need to be banned, it's 3 blood gain and fetch the discipline for nearly no cost.

It is the root of problem, not villein.

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.
Last edit: 17 Nov 2011 16:56 by Lech.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Nov 2011 19:10 #14617 by Ankha
PRO

It costs 1 pool, the effect is nice but hard to trigger (if you don't play Villein), and it costs a MPA.

Even when abused with Villein, it's not overpowered: it leaves your vampire at 3 blood, ready to be rushed.

I tried to put some in my Aim & Chain, it was an utter failure. The MPA cost is too much and the "once per vampire" too restrictive when you really need blood. I'd rather play some Hunting Grounds, Jake Washington or Life in the City in such decks.

I'd quite nice in my Huitzilopochtli - Great Beast on the other hand, but good cards useful in certain decks are good things.

Also, I've not seem the card played that often, I'm not sure what people are complaining about.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
16 Nov 2011 19:15 - 16 Nov 2011 19:19 #14620 by PetriWessman
PRO (assuming something is done about Villein to stop the Villein + Lilith combo)

CONTRA (if Villein stays as is)

It's a good card, but only Villein really makes it broken. Without that, it's still good but not an automatic bloat machine. I don't see it as a problem if Villein is seriously nerfed (taking away the Trifle would be my favorite).

If Villein stays, then this card needs a fix. Making it Unique would be the best way to do that, imho. Of course, that would make the game a somewhat silly race to see who gets to play it first... but hey, it's *already* a silly race to see who gets the Villein + Giant's Blood first... :/

I *would* love to see some new cards that do something (possibly nasty) with that Bahari keyword, but that's another matter ;)
Last edit: 16 Nov 2011 19:19 by PetriWessman.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ummon

More
17 Nov 2011 01:53 #14679 by Brum
Team :PRO:
I've written elsewhere that I think this card is ok for the following reasons:
-You have more then 2 on your deck: better chance of having it, deck is worse.
-You have 1 or 2 on your deck: less chance of using it, but the deck is more focused.
-This card trades winning pool for making your deck more vulnerable to combat. And with just 3 blood, it makes your vampires able to use less cards that cost blood.
-Villein is the bigger issue, but if you touch Villein you open a bigger can of worms (see appropriate thread for Villein related issues).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hakuron

More
17 Nov 2011 06:24 #14691 by Ummon
CONTRA

Combining with villein makes this ridiculous. Villein only transfers blood, but getting 3 extra counters from the blood bank for every vampire you transfer (+ a discipline)..

More
17 Nov 2011 07:39 #14697 by alek
PRO & CONTRA
With villein it's ridiculous. Without it's very good card, but nothing that should be nerfed.
Looks like villein is the problem, not lilith's blessing

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.133 seconds