file Thought : Antediluvian Awakening in to every deck

09 May 2012 09:39 - 09 May 2012 09:42 #29781 by Demnogonis Saastuttaja
Every time I play AA it's great, table resources go down instead of up and things move forward at a quicker pace. Maybe it's because of the style of decks I play (I.E. not Parity Shift decks) but it just seems so good. It deals damage to people who do nothing but defend. It deals 4 damage a round to players you don't care about. It can only removed by sacrificing a 4+ cap vampire unlike Smiling Jack or Anarch Revolt, and it doesn't require some combat heroics to work unlike Fame, Tension or Dragonbound.

I'm going to try it out, I don't play decks that want the game to last long, so why should I let it?

Also, do you consider Curse of Nitocris viable? I'm going to try it out in a weenie deck.

:ANI: :AUS: :VIC:
Last edit: 09 May 2012 09:42 by Demnogonis Saastuttaja.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 May 2012 10:13 #29783 by vtesocrates
Yeah, I should probably do this as well. It's a great card because it helps you set the tempo of the table, which is very powerful. Any deck that wants to develop slowly is going to be knocked on its butt.

I have seen Curse of Nitocris in play. I think it is nice for creating havoc and confusion, but may also slow things down as it sometimes discourages bleeding and makes people sit and ponder it.

If you could get your players used to seeing it, it might be good.

More
09 May 2012 11:04 #29790 by Suoli
I played 2 in a slim and fast deck that used to run out of offense near the endgame, worked out great. The problem is that canceling even one Villein can do as much or more pool damage so now I'm testing Bleeding the Vine instead.

More
09 May 2012 13:57 #29808 by ReverendRevolver
getting beads off the table is always a good idea. i've heard of people including 1 copy of ancient influence in tupdog decks, to immediately knock beads from everyones pool before anyone can get rolling.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.073 seconds