file Misdirections

31 Jul 2012 07:51 #33993 by Ohlmann
Replied by Ohlmann on topic Re: Misdirections
Like direwolf, I don't have any idea of the previous conversation, but - outside rampant hostility between James and mirrdes in which James is far from being the impolite one - I would like to reiterate what is important about new-ish card :

* how would they help existing weak archetype ?
* would it create a more enjoyable VtES experience ?
* what would be the vtes flavor for them ?

All thoses questions are left untouched, I suppose because mirrdes know they would shoot his "idea" in the sky. Or at least, it's what a quick reflexion say may, and the original post does not incite me to put a lot of thought in that.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Jul 2012 11:31 - 31 Jul 2012 11:32 #34009 by mirddes
Replied by mirddes on topic Re: Misdirections
i don't know how to answer these questions.

i only know that it was satisfying being ousted by a player using misdirections.

the only positive i can identify with my suggested "tap x minions for 2x-1 where x does not exceed number of methuselah" is that it balances between old and new card text.

untap cards ftw, right?

how would a ani weenie deck with a library of just armies of rats, blood dolls and vessels be stopped? (20 of each)

not every situation has an answer and its really satisfying to be beaten by a well thought out concept.

just tapping minions isnt enough.

perception, deception, reality.

peace.

have a great night.
Last edit: 31 Jul 2012 11:32 by mirddes.

More
31 Jul 2012 11:35 #34010 by Amenophobis
Replied by Amenophobis on topic Re: Misdirections

how would a ani weenie deck with a library of just armies of rats, blood dolls and vessels be stopped? (20 of each)

Just for your information: multiple Army of Rats are not cumulative. Your prey burns 1 pool regardless how many copies you control.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mirddes

More
31 Jul 2012 11:39 #34012 by Ohlmann
Replied by Ohlmann on topic Re: Misdirections

not every situation has an answer and its really satisfying to be beaten by a well thought out concept.

just tapping minions isnt enough.

Well, I will be honest : you really should try to improve your english. There is foreigner here like me, and part of your apparent rudeness is simply due to the fact that what you say is often barely understandable by me.

I perfectly understand that nobody is perfect, that it is a bit hypocritical coming from me, and that my english is not exactly that good, but I just don't understand what you are trying to say.

More
31 Jul 2012 13:55 - 31 Jul 2012 15:12 #34022 by jamesatzephyr
Replied by jamesatzephyr on topic Re: Misdirections

the only positive i can identify with my suggested "tap x minions for 2x-1 where x does not exceed number of methuselah" is that it balances between old and new card text.

You're still ignoring the need to actually provide any justification. Asserting "this is fair", "this is balanced", "this NEEDS to be reprinted", "we NEED a new card" like this is, in no way, actually doing anything to advance the discussion. At all.

For example, why would anyone pay 3 pool to tap 2 minions when they could use Anarch Troublemaker which is more than good enough to turn up fairly steadily in decks?

Since Army of Rats doesn't stack, no-one would care and it would just be a pretty crappy weenie deck. The V:TES text clarified this in 1995. It had been errata in November 1994 . There was a ruling to that effect in September 1994 .

Weenie Presence vote (with or without Legacy of Pander), weenie Dementation and weenie Dominate are massively more powerful, since they actually have a functioning strategy.
Last edit: 31 Jul 2012 15:12 by jamesatzephyr.

More
01 Aug 2012 03:23 - 01 Aug 2012 04:08 #34049 by mirddes
Replied by mirddes on topic Re: Misdirections
[hunt]

with each new post i read, i learn; for this i am thankful.

is misdirections, in its original form, not an ideal weenie counter?

do my proposed changes, or the current version, water down it's potential more?
Last edit: 01 Aug 2012 04:08 by mirddes.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds