file Misdirections

30 Jul 2012 16:27 - 30 Jul 2012 16:28 #33970 by TorranceCircle
Replied by TorranceCircle on topic Re: Misdirections

I didn't realise "bounced around" meant "I kept saying these were fair and demanded other people explain why they were poor, and I will put no effort in it to explain why my changes are positive, other than repeatedly stating they are fair."

Give it up. Seriously.

I think you and lasombra explained quite well why misdirection was changed. I think, between the two of you, you also explained why tapping multiple minions the way this card did was not a good idea. But both of you referred him to this site to discuss it (and his other post about his deck) with more players, since the newsgroup is not read by many. I'm glad he did. I was pretty sure he would get the same or similar feedback about tapping multiple minions with one MPA and in the very first reply he did.

@mirddes: I know you liked the original misdirection, but I don't think many people will agree with creating master cards that tap multiple minions, especially if it costs blood. In your new card idea "bad direction", I think you meant it to cost pool. Misdirection also costs pool not blood.
Last edit: 30 Jul 2012 16:28 by TorranceCircle.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Jul 2012 19:48 #33974 by jamesatzephyr
Replied by jamesatzephyr on topic Re: Misdirections

@ james: blow it out your ass. Be polite, the original poster was polite.

Except no. The original poster is continuing his series of valueless, contentless posts from the newsgroup where he absolutely refuses to engage with any other viewpoint other than demanding reprints for a game that isn't even in print.

So no, he hasn't been polite, at all. Indeed, telling people the ideas have been "bounced around" - when that is not at all what has happened - is called "lying". That is thoroughly impolite.

More
30 Jul 2012 21:22 #33977 by direwolf
Replied by direwolf on topic Re: Misdirections

@ james: blow it out your ass. Be polite, the original poster was polite.

Except no. The original poster is continuing his series of valueless, contentless posts from the newsgroup where he absolutely refuses to engage with any other viewpoint other than demanding reprints for a game that isn't even in print.

So no, he hasn't been polite, at all. Indeed, telling people the ideas have been "bounced around" - when that is not at all what has happened - is called "lying". That is thoroughly impolite.

I am not privy to any previous conversation on this topic. Viewing only what I see here, the original poster was polite, and your response was not warranted.

:tore: :pre: :tem: :aus: Independent Futurist. Contrarian (titled, X votes where X is the number of votes as the acting minion.) Target Vitals is always the better combat card.

More
31 Jul 2012 00:53 - 31 Jul 2012 01:04 #33979 by mirddes
Replied by mirddes on topic Re: Misdirections
Thank you all for each of you valuable contributions

thank you direwolf for your comprehensive post,only just now realizing these cards may all, if any, not exist...

thank you Boris, I quite like Two Wrongs and after finalizing my eBay purchase last night wish i had known about it. (have a wennie/bloat that could use a dozen of them)

James, i bounced an idea around and was thoroughly pleased with the responses given. how is this lying?

i had another idea, one not previously mentioned ANYWHERE

"tap x for 2x-1 pool where x does not exceed the number of Methuselah in the game"

tapping one minion costs 1 pool, nice nerf for tapping more.
this seemingly retains endgame low cost of current misdirections, retains original versatility of MD, and appropriately Nerfs an apparently OP card.

haters remind me of current state of science; I'm just a simple man, with simple ideas, asking simple questions.

tapping 3 minions costing 5 pool gaining 1VP and 6pool or GW may still be considered OP.
5 minions for 9 pool and a sweep is unlikely.

perhaps my prior use of the word 'must' was poorly chosen.

now i must reiterate that the designers thought X was appropriate, how many other 'x' cards have been changed?
yes misdirections was OP, However, in its current state 10 of them is wallpaper.

love is in the air, blood drain you later.

have a fine night my fellow Methuselah.
Last edit: 31 Jul 2012 01:04 by mirddes.

More
31 Jul 2012 04:07 #33982 by jamesatzephyr

James, i bounced an idea around and was thoroughly pleased with the responses given. how is this lying?

Bouncing around an idea would suggest you actually engaged with people. At every turn, you refused to explain why your change was positive, and you have entirely failed to point out that people repeatedly explained in detail why your suggested change is overwhelmingly negative.

You are entirely misrepresenting the discussion that was had with your coquetteish faux naivety.

If you would prefer, I can point out that your intentional disingenuous misrepresentation of everything that has happened. In simple terms, it's lying.

More
31 Jul 2012 04:10 #33983 by jamesatzephyr

I am not privy to any previous conversation on this topic. Viewing only what I see here, the original poster was polite, and your response was not warranted.

Perhaps, next time, you should wait until you do understand the background before being being rude, then.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.068 seconds