file A proposition to change Lilith's Blessing and Anthelios

12 Dec 2012 14:46 - 12 Dec 2012 15:07 #42737 by Pendargon
i think it is actually a huge difference , ankha. Especially as it usually is not once per game effect.

also, i watched how in heads up, a deck with 3 minions easily soaks smiling jack climbing to 5 -6-7 counters, while keeping most of its pool and all vampires operational, and win the game. All thanks to Lilith's blessing. Potential for bloodgained with that card over the course of the game can be huge. I have seen several games where lilit's blessings (3 out of 5 players had them) produced about 20 blood counters. That is huge

EDIT : Upon further consideration, as i am really not fan of banning anything.... maybe anthelios can be fixed also... Something in the line of adding : Transient. and a sentence : burn this card at the end of your next discard phase.

That way, everyone has one shot do replace one master before the star falls from the sky. B-)

:QUI: :POT: :OBE: :CEL: :OBF: :tore: :assa:
Last edit: 12 Dec 2012 15:07 by Pendargon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Reyda, mirddes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Dec 2012 15:42 #42739 by KevinM

Many very powerful, but sadly rare, cards like Villein...

Villein was never and is not now rare. I know not a single person that wasn't able to get a box of HTTB starters if they pre-ordered it, and those boxes were still available for two weeks after the set was made public. If a player waited to get their box, well, hopefully they learned something from that experience.

Villein is also extremely popular on eBay and since so many were printed, there are plenty available for trade as well as for sale.

Other than that, an excellent, well thought-out post.
:)

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017

More
12 Dec 2012 15:43 #42740 by Jeff Kuta
If only there were some cards which made possessing the Bahari trait a real negative side-effect...

When you are anvil, be patient; when a hammer, strike.
:CEL::DOM::OBF::POT::QUI:
pckvtes.wordpress.com
@pckvtes

More
12 Dec 2012 15:44 #42741 by KevinM

And then again, Villein is necessary for a lot of decks to exist.

Which decks would those be?

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017

More
12 Dec 2012 15:52 #42742 by Ohlmann

Villein was never and is not now rare.

It's flat-out wrong. On some part, especially for thoses player who weren't in torpor at the moment, they can be

As of I, I had to actually order from finland and whatsnot to have 4 of them. Which is not alway enough. In my playgroup, I am the only one on seven people to actually have some of them.

You can find them on ebay. At at least 5$ apiece plus whatever shipping cost, which is absurdely high for a card you can play in 7 or more in not too strange deck.

So let's not say stupid thing : Villein is hard to get now, exactly like Target Vital. It's not "summon history" rare, I can agree, but it doesn't mean you can easily have enough for a deck.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jeff Kuta

More
12 Dec 2012 16:07 #42743 by ReverendRevolver
I have to say that i feel liliths blessing has an effect i dont want to see vanish: fetching a skill card. If the finding of a discipline is mandatory and the vampire only gains 1-2 blood, i think it would be less of an issue.

Anthelios shouldprobably be transient, i dont know the fluff, but i know its indicative of coming gehenna. Maybe its ability is only used if a gehenna card has been played since its controllers last untap?

Now mmpa decks i hate. My first deck that i actually 'built' was anson combat, and 2 mpas meant tension and blood doll or fame and haven uncovered. So, annoying combos make me angry, because now i fear contestation more.

Tablets should only target minioncards. Period. And each methuselah should only get to make them "go off" once a game. I think with those fixes, things would go better. My first tablets relient deck was g2 gargoyles with lots of fluid combat. I needed recursion and pool. I think minion cards, not masters should be what tablets finds.

Lastly, liquidation is really only usable by mmpa decks. I think making it cost 7 cards from your deck being removed from the game if you have any liquidation in your ash heap(cumalatively) would. Return it to a last ditch pool gain as intended.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds