question-circle who is the hands down worste 11 cap?

30 Mar 2013 23:05 #46418 by Pagan
Most certainly the Lasombra 11 cap.

Oh, wait, I forgot LSJ hates :laso: and :OBT:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Mar 2013 07:08 #46425 by Joscha

Because he's nonexistent?

Baron of Frankfurt

More
31 Mar 2013 09:43 #46428 by Reyda

Oh, wait, I forgot LSJ hates :laso: and :OBT:

uh, don't want to burst your bubble, but i'm quite happy there is no lasombra 11 cap. How can it be better than all the bunch of perfectly playable 10 cap lasombra we already have ?

If you analyze most archetypes, a lot of 11 cap would never see play if it was not for their special. Take Alexandra in AAA TGB for exemple : why play here over one or two smaller toreador princes ? because she untaps another toreador for free (and also for the votes). If she was not a 11 cap, but had the same special, she would be part of the archetype in the same way.
Yes, it's a convoluted exemple, but the point is : it's the specials that make 11 cap playable. Most of the time the disciplines are mimicked by smaller vampires. And I'd rather have 1 less pool/influence to spend to have my big fish ready for action ;)

Imagination is our only weapon in the war against reality -Jules de Gaultier

More
31 Mar 2013 11:46 #46432 by ReverendRevolver
Very true. The only 11 caps that are really good tend to not be that way just based upon disciplines. Saulot might be the exception.
But AAA uses the special, and without that, all second trads and marcellous become more efficient.
Slava has a strong discipline spread not found elsewhere, abd + bleed with votes, so she may be another exception.

But enkidu rushes and hits like a truck, arika is stupid bromen with bleedz voges and disciplines, lutz is all the special, you get the idea.

A weak special on an 11 cap decreases it from good to just playable.

More
31 Mar 2013 12:23 #46433 by Ashur

Take Alexandra in AAA TGB for exemple : why play here over one or two smaller toreador princes ?

Unblockable Mind Rapes?

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

More
31 Mar 2013 13:57 #46435 by ReverendRevolver

Take Alexandra in AAA TGB for exemple : why play here over one or two smaller toreador princes ?

Unblockable Mind Rapes?

Needs a mastercard. Shes only got little dom, and realistically, Arika and Slava are bettet at mind raping. Straught unblockable is nice, but Arika has big obfscate, and slava can beast meld, and can easily get to 3 or more stealth even without using daring the dawn. I admit that in theory, mind rapes each turn unblockable is hot, but in practice, finding and playing the 2 master cards and having the mnd rape is less easy than just getting te mind rape and having the action modifiers you use for every other action anyway.
And, Slava with an abombwe skill card(trifle, btw) can play dc throat to fail blocks.

Alexandra isnt bad, but i would use many 11 and 10 caps (corvus, namely) before hef to mind rape.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Reyda

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.114 seconds