file What do you think of Gather card?

20 May 2013 05:27 - 20 May 2013 05:27 #48753 by galliard
My first thing after seeing it was

"Stanislava deck already is powerful archetype. Why boosting her by allowing for free high cap vamps?"

I havent seen it yet but i am bound to think that Gather+Golconda combo is insane.
And dont tell me that you can remove it. with her blocking and tons of obedience.
Besides my friend uses Gather with House of Sorrow. Free Angus the Unruled and next turn another 9cap practically for free.

And to think that some dude removed Lilith blessing, completely forgetting about Gather.
Last edit: 20 May 2013 05:27 by galliard.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 May 2013 05:56 #48754 by Ohlmann
Gather is weak enough to not be worth the slot most of the time for me. If you have Stanislava and the best thing you can do is gather, it's rather sad really.

Don't forget the vampire gathered come in play empty (or with few blood payed from your pool at best), and Stanislava don't block too well, so removing it isn't exactly the most difficult thing on earth.

More
20 May 2013 06:31 #48757 by Boris The Blade
You need a House of Sorrow to untap the Gather and get the vampire out this turn.

More
20 May 2013 06:35 #48758 by galliard
Dude i know that

Lilith blessing was banned because it was very good in combo with villein

But this is even more retarded combo.
I realise Gather alone is not that good. But add HoS and Golconda and you have insane bloat.
Gamebreaking to me. Not mentioning you can get easy votelock with different Justicars in crypt.

Dont you think something should be done to prevent this abuse? We should be preactive, before somebody wastes a few tournaments

More
20 May 2013 06:42 #48759 by Ohlmann
I never seen someone using that in an abusive way ; most of the time it's between okay-ish and downright bad. Golconda may help make thoses empty vampire useful, but I prefer to use Villein and keep my vampire.

Note that you cannot have multiple Gangrel justicar in your crypt, and even if your could they would contest title. And there is rather few gangrel prince, so the vote lock seem not all that threatening.

Also, House of Sorrow + Gather tend to compare badly to, say, Govern + Zillah, if only because it's much more versatile. That's the main point : if you have dominate, like Stanislava have, why bother with Gather ?

More
20 May 2013 06:48 #48761 by galliard

I never seen someone using that in an abusive way ; most of the time it's between okay-ish and downright bad. Golconda may help make thoses empty vampire useful, but I prefer to use Villein and keep my vampire.

Note that you cannot have multiple Gangrel justicar in your crypt, and even if your could they would contest title. And there is rather few gangrel prince, so the vote lock seem not all that threatening.

Also, House of Sorrow + Gather tend to compare badly to, say, Govern + Zillah, if only because it's much more versatile. That's the main point : if you have dominate, like Stanislava have, why bother with Gather ?

ad1 I dont understand what you mean. Gather+Golconda is free pool. You still have full Stanislava. Unlike Villein case.

ad2 i didnt mean same justicars. you can have one from each clan plus 5 stanislavas in perfect crypt

ad3govern plus zillah costs 5 pool, 1 master phase and 1 action. gather plus house costs 3 pool, master phase and action only once, then its only 1 pool and action

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.103 seconds