file What do you think of Gather card?

04 Sep 2013 17:18 - 04 Sep 2013 17:23 #53837 by yesferatu
The problem with Gather is that high-cap Gangrel are just awful.
If you're playing Stanislava, there are 20 other things you could be doing that are more productive than Gather. At best, you might get out Ingrid for the basic dominate and superior in-clan. Once she's out, you're probably better off keeping her and that's 20 pool.

If you're using Fakir, no other Gangrel can use his spread and he's not that great on his own.

Thanks to Justicar's disease and lack of bounce or boost, it just isn't worth it.
I've thought about the Golconda combo, but you end up wasting so many card slots and actions and it still won't oust.

Gather is cute, but I almost never see it used.
Last edit: 04 Sep 2013 17:23 by yesferatu.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Sep 2013 04:33 #53841 by KevinM
I've used Gather for years in my G1/2 Gangrel voting deck. It's nice because a)no one ever removes it, and b)it gets you out another titled vampire, which you need since G1/2 Gangrel don't have decent vote push.

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017

More
05 Sep 2013 12:17 #53865 by ReverendRevolver

I've used Gather for years in my G1/2 Gangrel voting deck. It's nice because a)no one ever removes it, and b)it gets you out another titled vampire, which you need since G1/2 Gangrel don't have decent vote push.

Well, they have lokis gift now. Are you implyimg that isnt reasonable vote push? :)

On a more serious note, Gangrel in vtes have gotten screwed hard. The last set that tried to be nice to them was AE, and even then, thier "best" stuff was an 8 cap with +1 intercept and a 7 cap with all in clans(a canon character to boot) but he was freaking precon only. Then they also got a bmch of amusing fatties like xavier and zayyat, and two functional fatties, torvus and brunhilde, along with solid midrange vamps and weenies, but id take Iliana over most midcap g3 gangrel most days, so still not amazing.
Then they got a support vamp and a guy to make werewolves better in TR. Then KOT happened, and they at least got an attempt at help in the form of a few neat fatties again, along with an almost playable pto, but again, the best thing to happen to gangrel in KoT was deep song got printed.

So, in summery, gangrel suck, gather is weak because of it. If g5-6 sees better stuff, like access to second trad, dominate, solid special texts, etc, gangrel can finally be relevant. Imagine how good gather would be if gangrels in clans were ani dom for. But, being stuck with a support diacipline like protean, they need crypt design love. They need a crypt like g2 tzimitce got midcap wise. Maybe a built in rusher. But i dont think gather sucks, i think g2 was the last time gangrel got a big favor done, because slava is good.

More
05 Sep 2013 19:34 #53876 by Dorrinal
We have a "burn Gather immediately" policy in Seattle.

:trem:

More
06 Sep 2013 04:54 #53887 by Haze
the only time I found Gather to be "broken" was when it dissuaded my prey from casually banishing my 9-cap with low blood because he would just come right back out for free

if only Gather weren't unique, then i could easily protect all my vampires from friggin Banishment

More
06 Sep 2013 05:56 #53890 by Brum
Banning Lilith's Blessing put a dent in the Gather.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lionel

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.092 seconds