Warghouls
Shamblers
Nephandi
Nocturns

Block, bleed and endure
!Ventrue/Tremere Grinder
Euro Brujah

21 Decks.

And then there's quite a few who have either been left in the dust a wee bit or haven't quite found their final form and potential.

Bubbling Under
IC Flurry
Arika
Giovanni Powerbleed
Malk94
Unnamed
New Tremere
Turbo Nergal
Daughter Vote
Tzimisce Wall
Weenie Presence
Imbued

Naturally all of this is just my opinion and experience and I left out on purpose a couple that I consider extremely powerful but which haven't really stabilized into the global consciousness quite yet (Serenna and Anu, for example).

That said, I'm quite sure that I'm missing a whole lot. Which ones? And are there unworthies in the lot?
Last edit: 20 Jun 2013 08:15 by Lemminkäinen.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ashur

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Jun 2013 06:09 #49786 by Ohlmann
Replied by Ohlmann on topic Re: Tier 1 deck archetypes
Grinder deck are tremere-based now, that's the main thing you missed. And Imbued are certainly not tier 1 in any way.

I believe Shalmath and Enkidu are a bit weaker than you gave them credit for. Weenie auspex too, or maybe it's the description which is way too generic.

More
14 Jun 2013 06:11 #49787 by Ashur
Replied by Ashur on topic Re: Tier 1 deck archetypes

Grinder deck are tremere-based now

It is?

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

More
14 Jun 2013 06:20 - 14 Jun 2013 06:21 #49789 by Lemminkäinen

Grinder deck are tremere-based now, that's the main thing you missed.

Any links to a couple of TWDA entries?

Edit: Oh yeah, I actually remember now. The Carna decks. Yes.

Also, !Ventrue seem to be winning and getting to the finals rather consistently still.

And Imbued are certainly not tier 1 in any way.

They seem to be winning and getting to the finals rather consistently still.

I believe Shalmath and Enkidu are a bit weaker than you gave them credit for.

Have you met them? Played by good players and with tuned decks? Because really, the Enkidu deck is utterly amazing and I would rate it as being in the top three decks currently. Shalmath is not quite as crazy but the combat package is just so ridiculous.
Last edit: 14 Jun 2013 06:21 by Lemminkäinen.

More
14 Jun 2013 07:34 #49793 by Ohlmann
Replied by Ohlmann on topic Re: Tier 1 deck archetypes
To clarify : I don't pretend to be a reference about metagame ; I am giving my opinion of people who never won a tournament.

Also, !Ventrue seem to be winning and getting to the finals rather consistently still.

I see them less played, and coincidentally less successful. Then again, !Ventrue is not dead as an archetype, but Tremere grind seem a step above it, and both deck play more or less the same way.

Imbued seem to be winning and getting to the finals rather consistently still.

IIRC, they have won one tournament in one year. And I never seen them perform extremely well. I would rate this as average, especially since ally stealing or burning is pretty widespread, because of war ghoul and other ally deck.

Have you met them? Played by good players and with tuned decks? Because really, the Enkidu deck is utterly amazing and I would rate it as being in the top three decks currently. Shalmath is not quite as crazy but the combat package is just so ridiculous.

I have met them (and at least once with an above-average player behind the deck). They seem to be pretty good, but very fragile, and I have often seen a well-placed banishment or Pentex Subversion be enough to oust them. I also have seen Enkidu (especially) going to torpor because of card jam or player error/underestimation.

They are solid deck, I agree ; but they don't seem all that resilient.

More
14 Jun 2013 07:36 #49794 by kombainas
Reading through recent TWDA's it seems that there were quite many wall-type decks, none of them weenie. Are you sure wall category deserves only 1 entry?

!malk! :OBF: :DEM: :cel: :cap6: Sabbat. If this vampire's bleed is successful, he laughs manicly and untaps.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.069 seconds