file Best role for Gotsdam, the Tired Warrior

21 Aug 2013 23:03 #53480 by CalibanX
I just got him in the mail! Boy, he looks great. No title though. I'm trying to figure out what kind of deck or role would allow him to shine the best. I'm thinking some kind of wall deck with bleed bounce? So, who knows how to get the most bang for your buck with this guy? :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Aug 2013 03:29 #53483 by Silmegil
I have tried several versions of decks with him and only thing working for me is block deck with aus support. It takes a while to bring him out, but if you can do one or two governs superior, it will work. Governs are also handy for ousting. Stable deck, but extra pool investement can often put you on the edge of being ousted.

More
22 Aug 2013 06:42 #53487 by Brum
He can tap minions so his little friends can bleed big.
Cards like Exile, Mind Numb, Freak Drive, Majesty, etc.

With him and Edward Vignes you're pretty much immune to rush combat, so you play your Majesties offensively.
With enough Deflections and Delaying tactics you're pretty much immune to Bleed and Politics.

IMO tap n bleed is Gotsdam's best role.

More
22 Aug 2013 07:01 - 22 Aug 2013 07:01 #53490 by Lemminkäinen
I really like Gotsdam. First of all, he works great in a !Ventrue grinder.

More interestingly, I have had two iterations of rather succesful decks with him as the star supported by Konrad Fleischer and Alejandro Aguirre and Juniper (and others). The idea was that I wouldn't need stealth because I had access to Dawn Operation and Carrion Crows and prevent.

:dom: :for: :ani: essentially.

With Gotsdam it was especially obnoxious in that you could get blocked, play Dawn Op, tap Alejandro and send the opposing minion straight to torpor (basically only avoidable with Skin of Night or Jua Vema), Freak and Graverob.

You don't need a crazy amount of Dawn Ops since the threat is often enough. Carrion Crows are difficult to avoid and Hidden Strength should keep you golden. I even played with the possibility of adding Mind of the Wilds (they are easy to cycle) but keeping it simple is usually better.
Last edit: 22 Aug 2013 07:01 by Lemminkäinen.

More
22 Aug 2013 12:49 #53496 by Ashur
Try him in a stickmen-deck with Ephor. He´s very handy versus Carrion Crows.

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

More
22 Aug 2013 13:11 #53499 by SLave

I just got him in the mail! Boy, he looks great. No title though. I'm trying to figure out what kind of deck or role would allow him to shine the best. I'm thinking some kind of wall deck with bleed bounce? So, who knows how to get the most bang for your buck with this guy? :)

In an AUS + Ephor wallish deck with Murders of Crows.
Together with Mary Anne.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.109 seconds