file Most Interesting Decks to Play

15 Nov 2013 11:55 - 15 Nov 2013 11:56 #56625 by Lemminkäinen

So let's rephrase that a bit: Silver bullets are cards that totally hose someone's strategy when played but are so narrow in their application that they're unlikely to ever pay off. I'm talking cards on the level of Visiccitude Poisoning and Trochomancy here.

Scourge of the Enochians? Delaying Tactics?
Last edit: 15 Nov 2013 11:56 by Lemminkäinen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Nov 2013 14:21 #56627 by Klaital
Trochomancy is not a silver bullet, its +2 bleed modifier which is pretty damn useful always.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
16 Nov 2013 15:57 #56647 by Izaak

Scourge of the Enochians?

That certainly is a silver bullet.

Delaying Tactics?

That qualifies as well. There is a reason most decks play 1-2 copies if they play them at all. Exactly because it is a silver bullet.

Trochomancy is not a silver bullet, its +2 bleed modifier which is pretty damn useful always.

No it's not. It's useless 99 out of a 100 times, because it's not +2 bleed.

What it is, is an extremely conditional +2 bleed, that is bad against every deck that doesn't do Ashur/Liquidation shennenigans. It's going to be dead in your hand a LOT of the time, especially if you are playing multiples.

If you actually had some card evaluation skills, you would't be looking at every card in a magical christmasland scenario. Trochomancy is useless 95 out of 100 times. And when it does what it's supposed to do, it cripples someone's game to the point of him being unable to actually win.

It's pretty much the epitome of a silver bullet.

More
16 Nov 2013 16:18 #56648 by Klaital
So 99 times out of 100 your prey does not have 7 cards in their ash heap, huh? Not sure what kind of environment you are playing in...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pendargon

More
16 Nov 2013 19:00 #56649 by TorranceCircle

It's pretty much the epitome of a silver bullet.

I don't see many harbinger decks but I think the ones that I have seen have had at least 4 or more copies, primarily for the bleed mod. James Lin had a deck with 8 I think.

More
16 Nov 2013 23:21 - 16 Nov 2013 23:26 #56662 by Izaak

So 99 times out of 100 your prey does not have 7 cards in their ash heap, huh?

In the first turns? Nope. Eventually? Sure. Is that relevant? No. That's why it's a silver bullet. You're ok with playing a copy because it can usually be used eventually, and when it's actually good it's amazing. You're not ok with playing multiples, because if you do you are going to draw multiples and you are you going to play with a 5 card hand.

It's very simple: there are vastly better +bleed cards available than Trochomancy for every single deck you can possibly imagine. Even Leverage is a better card and that's not because Leverage is good, but because Trochomancy is unbelievably bad as a bleed modifier. Thus, you are playing Trochomancy for its graveyard hate effect. Which is fine, because it's generally fine to play a few silver bullets.

I don't see many harbinger decks but I think the ones that I have seen have had at least 4 or more copies, primarily for the bleed mod

As opposed to which mode?

Anyway, since this discussion is going nowhere anyway, I'm going to stop trying to taling to a wall. I'm perfectly happy with you continuing to play bad cards in bad decks and pretend they are good.

I guess you still build 90 card decks too?
Last edit: 16 Nov 2013 23:26 by Izaak.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds