file French National Championship - About Reversale of Fortune and Madness Network

24 Sep 2013 10:01 #54328 by TapeTaChatte
We'll start talk between French in English but that's fine. I am not saying playing 2 or 3 turns is good. I am saying it does not happen that often. In the past, I used to play horrible lock versions with Brainwash that could totally prevent the table from playing but I did not do that this time. All I am saying is out of 16 players I played against, 13 did have a mostly regular game, bare the fact that they could not do anything against me, but that would have been the same had I played Una, tupdog, or weenie DBR, or even weenie animalism rush. Look at my finals. I did only one action during all the finals, so I am also concerned. It happens sometimes that one cannot play, everybody needs to cope with it, I think.

I agree our game was special. Mostly in the fact that in 99% of the games, the first vampire of my prey won't be Gotsdam. That being said, without the Brainwash interaction, I would not consider the deck as a ban-needing card... Now with the brainwash, it's something else.

IC Organized play coordinator
Please contact me with any OP query using the mail in my profile

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Sep 2013 10:06 #54329 by TapeTaChatte
@Jorge: you're a very good player. Also, the only one I did not have a chance to play with before that tournament, which might explain the tension that might have occured then. Everything is fine for me and I congratulate you again with your last chance qualifier win with a very nice deck.

@everybody: for those who like good stories, reversal of fortunes in-and-out of games, and tournament reports, my next blog article will be a complete report of French championship. Probably around when the decklists will be out but I will need time to write it in French and English
remember the blog URL: ttcmaster.blogspot.fr

More
24 Sep 2013 12:45 - 24 Sep 2013 18:05 #54332 by Ashur
First: This thread has a terribly bad name.

The Reversal of Fortune deck has played with his prey for 45 minutes, the other players being forced to sit down and watch, having no turn to play.

I have no idea why a) people would play such a boring, non-interactive deck, or b) why the card is not changed or banned.

I petition so that Reversal of Fortune is either
- restricted to 1 or 2 per game
- banned.

Restricted to 1 or banned, whatever works for me.

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."
Last edit: 24 Sep 2013 18:05 by Ashur.

More
25 Sep 2013 10:01 #54361 by cordovader

@Jorge: you're a very good player. Also, the only one I did not have a chance to play with before that tournament, which might explain the tension that might have occured then. Everything is fine for me and I congratulate you again with your last chance qualifier win with a very nice deck.

Thanks Orian, I think you're too kind with me considering me a very good player. I consider myself average, but I try my best. :P

About the tension well, let's say it was something from the moment of the game, from my side I won't take it into account. I told you already that sometimes when you talk really fast in french (not only you) I get a bit lost.

I congratulate you for the finals with an atypical deck, in my opinion not easy to play, mostly because intercept and vote lock problems.

I follow regularly your blog and I have to say that I really enjoyed your review about Giovanni Puppeteer decks. It really gives many clues about Giovanni deckbuilding in general, not only Puppeteers.

See ya in other tournaments I hope. :)

More
26 Sep 2013 11:01 #54384 by TapeTaChatte
V:tes players, both French and English versions of my report of the 2013 French championship are online:

French:
www.veknfrance.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17530

English:
ttcmaster.blogspot.fr/2013/09/fortunes-and-misfortunes.html

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.091 seconds