file About redundant disciplines

22 Nov 2013 19:07 - 22 Nov 2013 19:09 #56909 by jamesatzephyr

I don't really agree with basic celerity being that bad, celerity is a support discpline anyway, for example cel/POT is so much better than just POT because you get good manuevers (and presses too if needed). I much rather have vampire with cel/POT than with CEL/pot for example.

For me, Celerity as a combat support discipline became a lot worse (relatively speaking) with the addition of Target Head and Target Vitals. With your common or garden strike - say, a Torn Signpost or a .44 Magnum - being able to Blur was pretty fun. But with Target Vitals, why not just add the +2 damage to the first strike? Obviously, yes, Dodge, Skin of Steel - you'd probably still rather have additional strikes there, so it's not totally a waste, but it seems less necessary to me. Conversely, that probably opens up various other strategies - it's much easier to aggropoke for 3 damage rather than just 1, for example, or you could do a wally gun deck that hit quite hard (without it being Aus/Cel), or something like that.

It's not that Celerity is useless - the maneuvers are still good, and additional strikes are fine if you have them. But it's a lot less "necessary" than it used to be.
Last edit: 22 Nov 2013 19:09 by jamesatzephyr.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lech

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Nov 2013 20:32 - 22 Nov 2013 20:33 #56913 by smiling tom
Distraction is pretty good at inferior and a great staple card for decks that require to cycle/dump cards fast... like malk stealth bleed, for instance. You won't use many, sure, but not a wasted discipline slot at all.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day
Last edit: 22 Nov 2013 20:33 by smiling tom.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.071 seconds