file Imbued vs Xeper

06 Jan 2014 10:41 #58239 by Corvis
Imbued vs Xeper was created by Corvis
Hi all,
as a big fan of playing ally based decks (yeah, I know this game is about vampires, not humans;)) - I was really upset when came to conclusion that there is one single vampire, which renders lots of ally decks useless.
Especially if we are talking about imbued decks.
Have I missed something or dealing with Xeper (his ability) is possible only by killing, blocking or pentexing him before he steals all your imbueds?
thank you a lot for you valuable input!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Jan 2014 10:52 - 06 Jan 2014 10:53 #58241 by kombainas
Replied by kombainas on topic Re: Imbued vs Xeper
You somewhat explained the ways yourself. In general, there always is a strategy to trump your deck, whatever it is. Do not expect to always come out on top, adapt ;) That is the beauty of the game.

I'd be more worried if anyone in your playgroup would find out about Entrancement. That card is good enough at inferior to be added "just in case". If your imbued are notorious in your playgroup, I'd expect people adding lots of them just to discourage you from playing imbued. That is how the metagame works ;) As presence if far more common than a certain infernal vampire, I'd advice people to use Entrancement against you :D

Entrancement
[Action]
[Presence]

(D) Bleed with +1 bleed.
 (D) +1 stealth action. Take control of an ally controlled by another Methuselah.

!malk! :OBF: :DEM: :cel: :cap6: Sabbat. If this vampire's bleed is successful, he laughs manicly and untaps.
Last edit: 06 Jan 2014 10:53 by kombainas.

More
06 Jan 2014 10:55 #58242 by Corvis
Replied by Corvis on topic Re: Imbued vs Xeper
React with Conviction deals with Entrancement or all (or at least all I can remember) cards, which steal allies. Xeper is a different story though

More
06 Jan 2014 11:05 #58243 by kombainas
Replied by kombainas on topic Re: Imbued vs Xeper
React with Conviction works against Xeper et al. as well. Read more here . My point is the imbued are often hated so much, that the best strategy to win with them is to take them out for a spin only rarely. No deckbuilding wonder will help you if you make all table your enemy at the moment you influence your first minion.

!malk! :OBF: :DEM: :cel: :cap6: Sabbat. If this vampire's bleed is successful, he laughs manicly and untaps.

More
06 Jan 2014 11:19 #58244 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Re: Imbued vs Xeper

React with Conviction works against Xeper et al. as well. Read more here .

Im' not sure what you mean by "work[ing] against Xeper", but to be clear: Xeper will be able to take the action again during the same turn.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
06 Jan 2014 13:59 #58252 by Haze
Replied by Haze on topic Re: Imbued vs Xeper
don't forget Juniper and Sebastian Goulet (merged) can steal your allies too. and Quincy the Trapper can blow them up.

the Imbued do have a lot of ways to get intercept, and some powers to fail directed actions such as Champion and Hide. and there's literally ten million cards (true fact) that only work on vampires and not allies, so they get no sympathy from me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lech

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.092 seconds