file Imbued vs Xeper

07 Jan 2014 21:06 #58323 by kombainas
Replied by kombainas on topic Re: Imbued vs Xeper

Err... could you clarify why a vampire who has to take actions to steal an Imbued requires an immediate reversal, but a vampire with a passive ability that screws whole deck types is to be encouraged?

Personal preference, I guess, nothing more. We all have them.

!malk! :OBF: :DEM: :cel: :cap6: Sabbat. If this vampire's bleed is successful, he laughs manicly and untaps.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Jan 2014 21:18 - 07 Jan 2014 21:20 #58324 by jamesatzephyr
Replied by jamesatzephyr on topic Re: Imbued vs Xeper

Err... could you clarify why a vampire who has to take actions to steal an Imbued requires an immediate reversal, but a vampire with a passive ability that screws whole deck types is to be encouraged?

Personal preference, I guess, nothing more. We all have them.

Ah, you mean "I play this deck, so reversals are needed right now, but feel free to screw other people at random - including anyone who happens to be trying to play Trifles in a deck" ?

Good to know.
Last edit: 07 Jan 2014 21:20 by jamesatzephyr.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pendargon

More
08 Jan 2014 05:48 - 08 Jan 2014 05:51 #58326 by HG.fi
Replied by HG.fi on topic Re: Imbued vs Xeper
Don't forget that the Imbued can screw with all vampire decks by spamming Gehenna cards.

(I don't spam Gehenna - my Imbued are harmless, don't crush them. ;) )

And the game is full of vampires that can totally screw their prey's strategy just by being influenced out. Think Arika vs. a location intensive deck.
Last edit: 08 Jan 2014 05:51 by HG.fi.

More
08 Jan 2014 06:18 #58328 by Drugo
Replied by Drugo on topic Re: Imbued vs Xeper
So... a vampire who can steal all my minions does not "screw my whole deck type" (imbued)? Please note that I can do absolutely nothing about it (besides losing 1 minion/turn).

More
08 Jan 2014 07:09 #58329 by Corvis
Replied by Corvis on topic Re: Imbued vs Xeper
you can do all the usual stuff - killing vampire, rendering him incapable of actions, outrunning his deck and even contesting him if this specific vampire really gets your nerves.
Hide and Champion both look like viable alternative though.
(same as Secure Heaven and Secret passage)
rest of the options would require some vampire help I believe

More
08 Jan 2014 07:56 #58332 by jamesatzephyr
Replied by jamesatzephyr on topic Re: Imbued vs Xeper

So... a vampire who can steal all my minions does not "screw my whole deck type" (imbued)? Please note that I can do absolutely nothing about it (besides losing 1 minion/turn).

As well as all the things Corvis suggests - which are obvious with even a moment's thought - there's the fact that a passive effect that screws anyone having the temerity to play Trifles and not MMPA affects the whole table. Your grand-predator brings out that vampire? Problem occurs immediately. For example, the fact that stealing the ally requires an action means it doesn't happen immediately, so you will usually have at least a turn to do something - whether that's hurriedly throwing out a couple of new Powers you were maybe considering putting on your third Imbued who maybe you won't bring out now, conserving some Conviction, rushing the vampire, Pentexing them, playing your own copy of Secure Haven (goes on a minion, not just vampires, despite the name), or whatever. That it requires an action means that it's optional on the part of the controlling Methuselah. Perhaps your predator would rather you used that Imbued to continue to put pressure on your prey for now. Your grand-prey has no particular incentive to screw you up right now, so his copy of Xipe Totec doesn't attempt to steal any of your Imbued at all - he'd much rather you continued to put pressure on your prey, so that she has to defend against you, so that she can't go full-frontal on him. That it requires an action means that you can negotiate with the relevant Methuselah - anything from offers of help in exchange for being left alone to threats of unleashing hell if anything happens. That it requires an action means that the relevant Methuselah may have something better to do, because their predator is about to come and kick seven shades of crap out of them. Further, a special ability that says - as described - "Methuselahs may play only 1 master card per turn" operates even if the vampire is in torpor. (This is the default for special abilities.)

So yes, obviously, if you just sit on your hands and sulk, there's absolutely nothing you can do to upset Sebastian, Xipe or Xeper. Nothing whatsoever. If you actually think for even a minute, there are a variety of things you could be doing.

But the question was how can you on the one hand demand immediate reversals for Xeper because the decks go bye-bye while simultaneously demanding exactly the same treatment (only potentially much worse, with significantly more collateral damage, such as screwing up anyone who has the temerity to want to play Coven + Blood Doll) for other decks. Put more simply: the requests are completely contradictory - why?

Unlike your description, "Methuselahs may play only 1 master card per turn" wouldn't be "just to mess with [Una and] Girls decks too". Why not? Because you made it hit every single deck on the damn table that thought about using Vessel + Ventrue HQ in one turn.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.093 seconds