file Fillip

12 Jan 2014 23:55 #58526 by librarian
Fillip was created by librarian
I've been re-sorting my cards, and came across Fillip. I've never used it in a deck.
It's rarely seen here in the US (I don't recall ever seeing it in a game), but seems to get a bit of play in the EU. Inaki has it in several TWDA decks.

I wonder what types of decks it would be better than Wake or On The Qui Vive?
My first thought was a Moncada deck of some sort; or perhaps a Brujah Debate deck. Maybe also a superstar deck that has chump blockers. Finally I guess some sort of Blocker deck that expects the acting minion to be able to get past the Wake or On The Qui - or perhaps in a meta that sees a lot of cross-table DI play.

What's the consensus here?

Chris

Fillip

[Reaction] Reaction

Requires a vampire. Usable by a tapped vampire.
Choose a younger tapped vampire you control. The chosen vampire can play reaction cards and attempt to block as though untapped until the current action is concluded. A vampire may play only one Fillip each turn.

Artist(s): Brian LeBlanc

Set(s): LotN:C/PR2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jan 2014 05:15 #58536 by TorranceCircle
Replied by TorranceCircle on topic Re: Fillip
I used it once and I sometimes wished it was a different type of wake. It does get replaced though unlike wake with evenings freshness, and you don't lose a blood if you do not block. Perhaps it could be useful in a 3, 4, 5, 6 cap deck with dominate. Mixed with On the Qui Vive you could do a lot of bouncing after bleeding with everyone.

More
13 Jan 2014 08:11 #58541 by Klaital
Replied by Klaital on topic Re: Fillip
It can get around some cards and restrictions, like you can use it on Lorrie who cannot play reaction cards to attempt to block with her, but apart from weird situations like that, usually I would prefer OTQV

More
13 Jan 2014 13:34 #58557 by ReverendRevolver
Replied by ReverendRevolver on topic Re: Fillip
I think ive built with it once, and drew it on the ropes when i had one guy above ground, needed one turn to finish my prey off, and was mad eniugh about not being able to survive i stopped using it.
OntheQ is way more playable, but it i built a blocky deck without ani, aus, or abo for some reason, id look at it.

More
14 Jan 2014 07:55 #58578 by extrala
Replied by extrala on topic Re: Fillip
It's very good in draft! ;)

Otherwise the alternatives OtQV & Forced are better suited for almost all decks (in constructed).
The following user(s) said Thank You: librarian

More
14 Jan 2014 20:04 #58593 by gotcha
Replied by gotcha on topic Re: Fillip
lorrie dunsirn: especially if you play guardian angel/intercept locations/babble ... few people see that coming - )

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.062 seconds