file Pro Tips

22 Jan 2014 20:54 #58778 by TorranceCircle
Replied by TorranceCircle on topic Re: Pro Tips

I think this could use it's own section:
Get into your opponents' heads. Someone who does this really well is Dennis Lien - he loves to give "friendly advice".

Haven't seen Dennis in a while. He is still in my head!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: librarian

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Jan 2014 21:23 #58780 by TorranceCircle
Replied by TorranceCircle on topic Re: Pro Tips
I generally will not break a deal, although I have a few times, because of personal feelings. This is why I am predictable and, as such, a bad player. If you break deals regularly you are also predictable. From some players, I expect them to be lying and this has affected my success negatively as well.

@Von_Pollack- I have been lied to many times but I don't dislike a person usually. If someone lies in the game and I don't like them, it's usually because they are a jerk outside of the game and the in-game lying just adds to it. Some of the players I enjoy playing with most lie 'like a rug'! :laugh: "Lie" is a harsh word, but the rules of the game seem to indicate/imply it is indeed part of the game.

More
23 Jan 2014 11:29 #58795 by Pascal Bertrand
Replied by Pascal Bertrand on topic Re: Pro Tips
General advice I usually apply:
Don't talk when it's not your turn, unless someone is offering you something immediately and want promises on the future.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ashur

More
23 Jan 2014 11:51 #58797 by Ashur
Replied by Ashur on topic Re: Pro Tips

General advice I usually apply:
Don't talk when it's not your turn, unless someone is offering you something immediately and want promises on the future.

Very good advice. Unless you want to confuse someone :D I´dont know how may weird, confusing deals I´ve been offered at international games. Not naming any nations ...

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.055 seconds