file The Makings of Many Decks

31 Jan 2014 20:03 - 31 Jan 2014 20:05 #58961 by Juggernaut1981
I notice no Earth Melds... which probably means no Protean-based decks.

I also found interesting the top ten most popular cards, particularly 8, 9 & 10.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418
Last edit: 31 Jan 2014 20:05 by Juggernaut1981.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Jan 2014 20:13 #58962 by kombainas

64. Telepathic Counter - 10 decks

Does it work for you well? I often overlook it as I think, I'd rather have a Telepathic Misdirection for a heavy bleed, than go reducing bleeds. Or even better, I'd rather focus on my offence or stopping bleeder once and for all. It might be useful with supporting AUS/aus weenies, because they do not tap after using it and can keep reducing other bleeds as well.

Just want you opinion from experience, I have a nagging feeling I am underestimating this card :D

!malk! :OBF: :DEM: :cel: :cap6: Sabbat. If this vampire's bleed is successful, he laughs manicly and untaps.

More
31 Jan 2014 21:23 #58963 by Juggernaut1981
My experience with this card is that it can negate bleeds so you can block non-bleeds. It seems a common enough trick to make a bleed or two forward and then attempt some other crucial action. Telepathic Counter can reduce the impact of the bleed and leave you untapped to block the 'other' action.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
01 Feb 2014 02:37 #58967 by AaronC

Does it work for you well? I often overlook it as I think, I'd rather have a Telepathic Misdirection for a heavy bleed, than go reducing bleeds. Or even better, I'd rather focus on my offence or stopping bleeder once and for all. It might be useful with supporting AUS/aus weenies, because they do not tap after using it and can keep reducing other bleeds as well.

Just want you opinion from experience, I have a nagging feeling I am underestimating this card :D

I once won a tournament thanks to it: www.vekn.net/forum/9-event-reports-and-twd/45453-twd-jann-bergers-qaq-is-for-alacrity-los-angeles-ca-16-feb-2013#45453

Unblockable bleeds can still be reduced!

More
01 Feb 2014 06:18 #58969 by Legendre
I've got plenty of earth melds... it's just that a slight majority of Protean decks are combat decks, not run away from combat decks.

In 107 decks, these are the stats for Earth meld:

16 copies
Across 5 decks
With 3.2 average per deck.

But I'm a much bigger fan of Form of Mist for my Protean Decks. If I'm not going to stand and fight, I'd rather get the actions through.

More
01 Feb 2014 06:22 - 01 Feb 2014 06:23 #58970 by Legendre

I'm a huge fan of telepathic misdirection counter -- it's basically 2 free Ascendances. It's free and it doesn't tap you.

They're much more common in my vote and combat decks, where I can make my prey choke on their bounce.

The other points made by Aaron and Juggernaut are excellent points as well, and figure into my reasoning when I play this card.
Last edit: 01 Feb 2014 06:23 by Legendre.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.060 seconds