file How do I "get" the minor disciplines?

10 Feb 2014 14:55 - 10 Feb 2014 14:56 #59086 by ThatGuyThere
Hello again, all! New player looking for some information, here.

If I want to give a vampire :vis:, :san:, :spi:, :thn:, or :mel: , what cards would allow me to do that?

If they have :vis: (or :san:, or whatever), and I want to give them :VIS: , what are the cards that let me do that?

I know about Sanguine Instruction - are there any others?

Thanks for any suggestions!

(Also, if this is the wrong part of the forum to ask this in, can someone provide me directions? Thanks!)
Last edit: 10 Feb 2014 14:56 by ThatGuyThere.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Feb 2014 15:26 #59087 by Ankha

If I want to give a vampire :vis:, :san:, :spi:, :thn:, or :mel: , what cards would allow me to do that?

There are but few cards that give you access to those disciplines:
- Agent of Power: trifle, free, but lasts only 1 turn
- Spontaneous Power: costly, permanent, but can't be fetch as a discipline (eg. through diablerie)
- Infernal Pact: requires a !Tremere, gives the superior discipline
- Infernal Familiar: emulates any discipline, but can't be used too often
- Sanguine Instruction, as you said.

There are also a few cards such as Raw Recruit that can provide some disciplines under certain circumstances.

If they have :vis: (or :san:, or whatever), and I want to give them :VIS: , what are the cards that let me do that

Fewer cards from the list above. Infernal Familiar won't help for instance.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: ThatGuyThere

More
10 Feb 2014 15:28 - 10 Feb 2014 15:31 #59088 by Legendre

If they have :vis: (or :san:, or whatever), and I want to give them :VIS: , what are the cards that let me do that?

I know about Sanguine Instruction - are there any others?

If you know about Sanguine Instruction, the only realistic things that come to mind are Trophy:Discipline, Vial of Elder Vitae, Spontaneous Power, and Agent of Power. (The last two are both very limited: Agent of Power is a one-shot deal and Spontaneous Power is unique. Vial of Elder Vitae is pretty much a terrible card -- it's one shot, requires an action, AND costs a pool.) If you only need one -- use Spontaneous Power, otherwise Trophy: Discipline would probably be your best bet, though it requires setting up your deck around Red List Rushing.

If you don't mind Clan Impersonating, then Camarilla Vitae Slave will do it for you. You just need to be Lasombra to *play* that card, so there might be some tricks you can use to get it into play. (Infernal Pact won't work this way, though.)

If you don't mind complicated and esoteric... you could diablerize one of your own vampires and use Cloak of Blood.

UPDATE: Oh yeah! Infernal Familiar. I'd forgotten about that. Thanks, Ankha!
Last edit: 10 Feb 2014 15:31 by Legendre.

More
10 Feb 2014 15:42 #59089 by jamesatzephyr
In general, they're not easy to get hold of, intentionally.

All of them: Spontaneous Power . 2 pool master card.

All of them, temporarily: Agent of Power Similar to Spontaneous of Power but much more temporarily, but it's a free Trifle.

All of them: Trophy: Discipline . But as a Trophy, it requires you to win a trophy by obliterating a Red List minion.

All of them: Camarilla Vitae Slave . Never reprinted, hard to get hold of, Lasombra card.

All of them temporarily: Vial of Elder Vitae . Typically too expensive for competitive play.

All of them, Not-quite-getting-them-but-you-can-use-the-cards: Infernal Pact . Tremere Antitribu card.

All of them, inferior only, not-quite-getting-them-but-you-can-play-the-cards: Infernal Familiar . Thaumaturgy retainer with a limited number of uses (because burning is quite horrible).

Melpominee, not-actually-getting-it-but-you-can-play-ONE-card: Persistent Echo

Melpominee, Aimee Laroux has a built-in special for herself.

Spiritus - the vampire Muricia , but only on Gangrel Antitribu, who become Ahrimane at the same time. You could repeat that with Clan Impersonation (back to !Gangrel then repeat her special), but that's likely to be a waste of time. Similarly with Feral Spirit , which also targets Gangrel.

Lots of disciplines including Sanguinus, not-actually-getting-it: Gestalt . Reaction card.

Call the Great Beast : not quite the same thing, but you can create a vampire with MEL THAN SPI if that takes your fancy.

More
10 Feb 2014 17:32 - 10 Feb 2014 17:33 #59090 by ThatGuyThere
Thanks, all!

It's nice to know I didn't miss anything particularly obvious - although I admittedly kind of which I had.

I just want my for-fun Gargoyles and Blood Brother decks to get up to :VIS: and :SAN: , and apparently that's too much to ask...

(Okay, and some Ventrue Antitribu to learn :MEL: and / or :VAL: would be fun...)

Thanks for all the answers!

Edit: Also, that might be the greatest Great Beast, like, ever.
Last edit: 10 Feb 2014 17:33 by ThatGuyThere.

More
10 Feb 2014 18:32 #59091 by ReverendRevolver
Revelation of the Sire also works, albeit not very well.

Val has a master giving a level and +1 strength, but sanguine instruction is typically the best way to go about it if you must get big Mel, Vis, dai, obe, etc. Daimoinion has textbook damnation, frankly its easier to just accept limitations than jump through hoops making the combo. You COULD have gilbert duane summon history between turns via madness network, but clan impersonating gwydd or a trujah is easier.

Sidenote:

Gargoyle need help, and a +1 strength, unslaving skill card is somethimg ivd toyed with.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.092 seconds