file Investments and House Rules

24 Feb 2014 14:45 #59362 by Legendre
The thread about Alan Sovereign got me thinking about Investments. So I've got two questions for our esteemed community.

First -- does anyone else think that using a Master Phase Action to take a blood off of Investments is a little steep? It actually seems worse in some ways than the ascendance standard, because you spend two of your MPA's (for Short Term) or four of your MPA's (for Long Term) just getting back your initial investment and putting yourself into a position to get some cardless Ascendances.

Second -- if you share that intuition (that Investments aren't really that worth it) -- and you were the type of player who doesn't mind fiddling with the rules to make the game more balanced or enjoyable as you see it -- what sort of house rule would you adopt?

Just allowing one per turn?
Allowing one per turn, with an additional one per MPA?
Letting the removal be a trifle effect?
Letting minions take actions to remove the pool?

Just thought I'd plumb for some thoughts on this.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Feb 2014 15:41 #59366 by kombainas
Making that action trifle.

Most of cards, which "freely" give you pool during untap/master phases, have burn clauses for a reason.

And similarly, there already are cards, which allow to move counters from cards to pool/blood.

Still using (trifle) master action for moving pool from investments seems both balanced and close to the initial idea.

!malk! :OBF: :DEM: :cel: :cap6: Sabbat. If this vampire's bleed is successful, he laughs manicly and untaps.

More
24 Feb 2014 20:26 #59372 by ReverendRevolver
Investments should themselves be trifles.

Really, Alan is the only reason to run investments other than having !ventrue in abundance.

Ive always thought of them as something to do with extra master phases, such as in a deck with 14 ish master cards. But, other stuff is simply easier. Making it a "may during master phase" would be better. But, for now, one vamp lets you get cheap assault rifles, not much else.

More
25 Feb 2014 07:11 #59381 by Lönkka
Our playgroup used the investments quite a lot when the game originally came out but I think it has been way over a decade since I last saw anyone anywhere use an investment.

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
25 Feb 2014 08:31 #59383 by Suoli

This or something like it is the only one I would consider. Bloating without minions is a terrible mechanism.

More
25 Feb 2014 15:02 #59392 by Legendre

This or something like it is the only one I would consider. Bloating without minions is a terrible mechanism.

True -- the last thing we need to do is make MMPA decks better!

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds