file Ventrue Brainstorming

17 Mar 2014 03:16 #60006 by brandonsantacruz
I really want to play Ventrue, but I am tired of getting blocked all of the time. I've tried the usual methods (Pentex, Seduction, Majesty, Anarch Troublemaker, Misdirection, Daring the Dawn), but I find that I get blocked with my zero to one stealth actions. I've used less traditional methods (Alacrity, Forced March, Natasha Volfcheck, Monestary of Shadows,), but they tend to junk up the deck. What methods work for you to make Ventrue successful more consistently.

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Mar 2014 03:48 #60007 by Ke.
Replied by Ke. on topic Re: Ventrue Brainstorming
Similar thing happened in our meta — once the players learnt of the high output of pool damage they always ensured had enough wakes, low cap untapped minions to deal with them. You may need to retire them for a while or try the obfuscate angle:

Arika DOM FOR OBF PRE aus cel — inner circle
Marcus Vitel DOM FOR OBF OBT PRE — prince
Lucinde, Alastor DOM FOR PRE obf pot tha — justicar
Queen Anne DOM FOR PRE aus obf — prince
+ Jaroslav Pascek CEL POT PRE for obf — justicar

Another approach is sticks, hidden strengths + a few disarms:

Emerson Bridges DOM FOR PRE pot
Lucinde, Alastor DOM FOR PRE obf pot tha

Disarm, freak drive diablerie discourages blocking.

More
17 Mar 2014 06:42 #60009 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Re: Ventrue Brainstorming
And don't forget the "Nobody expects" the Kiss of Ra.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
17 Mar 2014 10:31 - 17 Mar 2014 10:32 #60014 by ReverendRevolver
Ive got a maryanne alastor deck, and my stealth is perfect paragon and outferior tangle atropos hand.

Not great, but its a thing. My agg repair deck used lucinde and victorine and used repair the undead flesh(and pentinet resilience, skin o night, etc) with dawn op and weathr control.

Basically, ventrue get blocked. DtD, kiss of ra, day op, seduction, and torping tricks are neat, but oiutside of that, stealth (the g2-3 build) and perfect paragon/bonding are all you got. Oh, and force of personality and outferior nuetral guard.

You COULD do a ventrue with 44s or deagles build, and run suppressing fire, but its up to you. Thats be 12 ish cards with funs and concealeds then. 6-8 suppressing fire. But i suppose sniper rifles would be neat too, still a chunk of dexk though .
Last edit: 17 Mar 2014 10:32 by ReverendRevolver.

More
17 Mar 2014 12:37 #60018 by Jeff Kuta
Replied by Jeff Kuta on topic Re: Ventrue Brainstorming

I really want to play Ventrue, but I am tired of getting blocked all of the time.

Ventrue simply get blocked. The key is to take more actions than they can possibly handle. You mentioned Majesty, but Freak Drive is also (obviously) your friend. If you want to play with larger vampires, you'll have to force actions through since you'll have fewer of them. Otherwise, break out Edward Vignes. Mind Numb makes it harder for your prey to handle follow-up actions. Plus, it's something to do after you play Majesty after your first action.

When you are anvil, be patient; when a hammer, strike.
:CEL::DOM::OBF::POT::QUI:
pckvtes.wordpress.com
@pckvtes

More
17 Mar 2014 17:22 - 17 Mar 2014 17:23 #60026 by Dam_320_0260
Play Pentex ! :laugh:

(Anarch Troublemaker, Misdirection, Blind spot)
Last edit: 17 Mar 2014 17:23 by Dam_320_0260.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.060 seconds