file Belated Gangrel Discussion

12 Apr 2014 15:16 #60912 by ReverendRevolver

Gangrel were the most successful clan in the game for years.

What has killed them is that they haven't gotten anything new to do that is effective. You can still do Dominate. You can still do Serpentis. You can't make Embraces that are Camarilla, like back in the day.

Ousting power isn't much of an issue. There were Computer Hacking, Laptop toting Gangrel back in the day. Now, you get to Deep Song. Can throw in Monkey Wrench and Leverage. Force of Will still exists.

But, others get shinies. Look at how much support Baali have gotten compared to how much new you can do with Gangrel. Independent voting has possibilities but obviously works better with others.

The real crime in the game is that we don't have disciplineless Deflection, but I think we decided beating dead horses didn't help.

Deflection is overpowered, but is a staple.

The last new toy that was impressive for Gangrel was beast meld, and only kinda. Crypt support is a big thing, since the one good prince is still a good prince, and cam has the best toys (laibon make due, sabbat is good for weenies via abbot and hungry xoyote)

Anytime you HAVE to go anarch to vote or get bleed pump, thimgs could be better.

Non-anarch titled and indy is often more hinderance than help. Zayyat as a baron or even 2 vote anarch would change him to good. Havimg to anarch secession makes him less good.

A gangel-only deflextion with narrowish requiremwnts (titled and imdy, bleed of 2+) would even help, but something rewarding thier blocking or rushing with pool or pool damage is how to help them
And ICL has played WAY lomger than I have, amd i see NRA hurting gangrel, but the game evolved, gangrel didnt. Thematically, all other crumudgeons and non confomists got new stuff even.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Apr 2014 02:13 #60956 by Haze
Replied by Haze on topic Re: Belated Gangrel Discussion
my favorite gangrel are still the serpentis girls

g1-3 gangrel is exciting and full of possibilities. g4-5 is pretty meh, unless you want a superstar deck, but there's no synergy. power creep has worn them down.

More
14 Apr 2014 08:19 #60963 by alek
Replied by alek on topic Re: Belated Gangrel Discussion
my favorites are:
- stanislava star deck
- parity shifts + renegade garous
Both are at tournament level, with stanislava deck being absolute top

More
14 Apr 2014 18:29 #60985 by ReverendRevolver
Yea, the fact that anarchs was the last set kind to them hurts. Fatties in KoT are neat, but even the support i like from KoT, Gehenna, and TR are so-so.

I tried over the weekend to do princes nad embraces with revel and trap persistance. Decided ventrue are like 7x better. Even veles hunt (bwahahahahHa) and revel and 4th trad cany make up for shoddy support. Lokis gift helps the voting for garou pool, but dang, torpor yo-yo is the only unique discipline based thing they have. Slava is always good, especially with iliana, ingrid, hartmut, and genevive to support (the doms what really matters)

But, we will see what the DT can do for em.

More
14 Apr 2014 22:37 #60993 by TorranceCircle
Silly idea I had was ariadne + minion taps + agg combat + ritual of the bitter rose!!!!!!

More
14 Apr 2014 23:46 #60994 by brandonsantacruz

Silly idea I had was ariadne + minion taps + agg combat + ritual of the bitter rose!!!!!!

You should do it!

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.074 seconds