file Balancing Ashur Tablets

27 Jul 2014 11:53 #64167 by Orpheus
Replied by Orpheus on topic Re: Balancing Ashur Tablets

Look in the mirror.

As someone who hasn't been at the core of whatever went on, I can say only one thing, in all objectivity.

Vampires don't reflect in mirrors. :cheer:

I know, in VTES it's only Lasombras, but then aren't we all ?

Now back to the main topic...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jeff Kuta

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Jul 2014 11:54 #64168 by Jeff Kuta

Now that's dumb, it's even a better card than ATs...

Yes and no, you sacrifice 3 card slots to return 5 (4 is ok too) cards as opposed to 3 cards to return 13 cards. Easier to play, earn less pool and makes Liquidation + FoAT not that rewarding. Ideal for pro-active combat decks that burn a lot of cards and less ideal for MMPA decks. Both can exists side by side but now with the actual designed downside (as far as I can see). But I leave this up to designers, in any case, the downside of AT needs to return some way or the other.

Plus, FoAT doesn't give you the immediate 1 card back for use. It is all randomly shuffled into the library. 3 cards to get back 5 isn't really a great deal IMO, should be 7. YMMV, but there's obviously a continuum when you talk about numbers.

And again: which are the facts that back your assessment?

Liquidation + AT can function outside of the natural gameflow, you can keep doing this while your vamps work on defense and ousting, which is quite possible without depending on any masters whatsoever.

It is debatable whether master phase actions are to be considered outside of or separate from the natural gameflow. I think there were some attempts back in the day to make 100% master card tournament winning decks when Anarch Revolt was still unaltered. Don't recall if any were every successful.

When you are anvil, be patient; when a hammer, strike.
:CEL::DOM::OBF::POT::QUI:
pckvtes.wordpress.com
@pckvtes

More
27 Jul 2014 12:25 #64180 by Orpheus
Replied by Orpheus on topic Re: Balancing Ashur Tablets

It is debatable whether master phase actions are to be considered outside of or separate from the natural gameflow. I think there were some attempts back in the day to make 100% master card tournament winning decks when Anarch Revolt was still unaltered. Don't recall if any were every successful.

I seem to recall that some decks with nearly only Masters, with Anson as their spearhead, wrecked more than a few tables at that time.

More
27 Jul 2014 13:02 #64197 by Ashur
Replied by Ashur on topic Re: Balancing Ashur Tablets

13 cards was chosen for Ashur Tablets because there are 13 major clans/antediluvians. Changing it would break some flavor of the game.

For your card above, I'd go with zero pool gain and 7 cards from ash heap into library--7 naturally because, just like Trochomancy which also uses 13, there were 7 original Camarilla clans before the Gangrel left. Yes, numerology does and should exist in VtM/VtES.

The most stupid thing I´ve heard today. Why should numerology exist in VtES?

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

More
27 Jul 2014 13:18 #64204 by Jeff Kuta

The most stupid thing I´ve heard today. Why should numerology exist in VtES?

Because the milieu of the card game is derived from a gothic fantasy role-playing game where Methuselahs who are thousands of years old battle for supremacy using any means at their disposal, and where their childer are taught truth, lies, conspiracies or nothing and often must discover their own undead identity from rumor, hearsay, myth, legend and storytelling?

When you are anvil, be patient; when a hammer, strike.
:CEL::DOM::OBF::POT::QUI:
pckvtes.wordpress.com
@pckvtes
The following user(s) said Thank You: jhattara, cordovader

More
27 Jul 2014 15:35 #64242 by ReverendRevolver
13 is a good number. Add in the word "minion" between that number and the word "cards" and we end up better off.

By "we" I mean players tired of burning the same damn pentex 6 turns in a row due to anthelios and ashurs then still having to oust a girls deck. I'll pack 2 fames and not need to recur with tablets.

Also, people tired of hearing about old beef between Jeff and others.

To his credit, he no longer reminds me of the guy on Idiocracy who keeps saying "Brought to you by Carls Jr" but thats probably temporary.......

Also, Id like to think that we have moved on, since seriously NOBODY CARES and the other two members of PCK havent kept this up. Jeffs not a bad player, nominally as far as I know hes not a bad guy. But its almost like whenever anything about IC or DT function is brought up, magically Jeff appears to to point fingers with an occasional conspiracy theory to keep us awake.

Its like when Id say something and Ohlmann(where the hell did he go?) Would of course contradict. I posted card ideas JUST to see what hed tear at, because I knew any real problems EVER would get noticed.

Crazy.

But, I still dig numerology. Note that old as hell vampires probably are crazy enough to have counting compulsions, and OCPD in cases.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.102 seconds