file Balancing Ashur Tablets

14 Jul 2014 14:15 #63686 by johannes

16% in TWDA means every sixth tournament was WON by ashur deck not that there was 16% of decks containing ashurs!!! when you can compare it to whole used game mechanics it's similar to amount of COMBAT decks that won a tournament.
are we really ok that ashur deck is becoming simply a 'strategy' same as combat or politics are?

You do realize that a lot of the Ashurs decks are COMBAT decks which were enabled by Ashurs?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Juggernaut1981

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Jul 2014 16:33 #63689 by ReverendRevolver

16% in TWDA means every sixth tournament was WON by ashur deck not that there was 16% of decks containing ashurs!!! when you can compare it to whole used game mechanics it's similar to amount of COMBAT decks that won a tournament.
are we really ok that ashur deck is becoming simply a 'strategy' same as combat or politics are?

You do realize that a lot of the Ashurs decks are COMBAT decks which were enabled by Ashurs?

Very important to note that Ive only ever felt Ashurs were NEEDED in fluid combat where you run out of cards

Thats why limiting ti minion cards helps. Making 4 needed to trigger would be less optimal than banning, since it makes ONLY mmpa decks really able to drop enough.
Master recursion is a problem. Anthelios is what is is, but gaining liquidation pool then ashurs pool to just pick up what you still want is broken. Ban liquidation (after i sell mine, naturally)?

Ashurs letting decks play alot of cards and recur instead of runout is good.

Letting 75 card decks pack tools and smaller numbers of cards they need to recur is also good.

Its turning your deck into pool and your asheap into a second deck, then cherrypicking just what you want to be in your deck each turn that break tablets

Ferox combat recurring red cards and rushes, not ever broken. Anson recurring red cards, secomd trads, and parity shifts? Not too bad. Nana and Cybele letting you villein for 8, gain liquidation pool possibly twice, then pipping tablets to gain more and pick up 12 cards back to deck, ignoring the chaff? Yea, seriously problematic, since they put liquidated ashurs back to deck, accidentally liquidated anthelios back in deck, pentexes, DIs, Suddens, and whatever else to lock down the game and barely ever bother touching your minions...... its not good vtes.

Combat decks:
A. Suck
B. Need help
C. Like recurring redcards, since nothing else is as temporary as combat cards.

Master heavy decks are bad in 96% of every good thing in vtes. Tablets can be changed to make them not as evil.

We can test anything.

But I worry that wed hate life alot if testing Girls variants all the time......

More
14 Jul 2014 16:39 #63691 by Lech
Replied by Lech on topic Re: Balancing Ashur Tablets
Yeah, Master recursion need to go or become limited. Ashur/Liquidation is just stupid.

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.

More
15 Jul 2014 05:07 #63707 by Asnek
Replied by Asnek on topic Re: Balancing Ashur Tablets

Yeah, Master recursion need to go or become limited. Ashur/Liquidation is just stupid.

this can be easily resolved. add some card text and it's done.
If Ashurs would be automatically removed when dropped into asheap... yeah liquidate what do you want, but those ashurs you liquidated are gone for this game...

:hosk: :dem: :val: :for: :AUS: :NEC: :SER: :cap7:

assholepopulation.com/
Did u saw one today?

More
15 Jul 2014 05:26 #63708 by Lönkka
Replied by Lönkka on topic Re: Balancing Ashur Tablets
How often do you really run across the apparenty "dreaded" Liquidation + Ashur combo?

Been quite a while for me at least...

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
15 Jul 2014 06:24 #63709 by Asnek
Replied by Asnek on topic Re: Balancing Ashur Tablets

How often do you really run across the apparenty "dreaded" Liquidation + Ashur combo?

Been quite a while for me at least...

hmm quite often i'm affraid... 2 weeks ago i played my own on casual games and not more than 2 months ago i met this deck in tournament finals.

:hosk: :dem: :val: :for: :AUS: :NEC: :SER: :cap7:

assholepopulation.com/
Did u saw one today?

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.112 seconds