file Govern Mission and Scouting the Unaligned

10 Dec 2014 09:41 - 10 Dec 2014 09:42 #68081 by Ankha
I think there's a postulate we can formulate after 20 years of V:TES:

"If a non-combat card does the same thing as another, but with its effect and cost increased by 1, that card will be played instead of the other".

Today, we can consider Govern the Unaligned and Scouting Mission:

Name: Govern the Unaligned
[Jyhad:C, VTES:C, SW:PL2/PV, FN:PG2, CE:C/PV4, Anarchs:PAG, KMW:PAl3, Third:PTr5, HttB:PKia6/PSal4]
Cardtype: Action
Cost: 1 blood
Discipline: Dominate
[dom] (D) Bleed with +2 bleed.
[DOM] +1 stealth action. Move 3 blood from the bank to a younger vampire in your uncontrolled region.

Name: Scouting Mission
[Sabbat:C, SW:C/PL2, CE:PV, BH:PTr4, Third:C]
[dom] (D) Bleed with +1 bleed.
[DOM] +1 stealth action. Move 2 blood from the blood bank to a younger vampire in your uncontrolled region.

GtU appears 720 times in the TWDA, SM only 136 times (and always in the same deck as GtU, but in lesser quantities, notably in multiaction decks).

Would the game be "better" if the superior effect of both cards was swapped?

Name: Govern Mission
[dom] (D) This vampire burns 1 blood to bleed with +2 bleed.
[DOM] +1 stealth action. Move 2 blood from the bank to a younger vampire in your uncontrolled region.

Name: Scouting the Unaligned
[dom] (D) Bleed with +1 bleed.
[DOM] +1 stealth action. This vampire burns 1 blood to move 3 blood from the blood bank to a younger vampire in

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 10 Dec 2014 09:42 by Ankha.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Dec 2014 09:50 #68082 by alek
that for sure would make Govern the Unaligned worse than now. I'm not sure if that would make vtes a better game (probably not) but it wouldn't hurt either. After all, GOvern is probably the best card in this game

More
10 Dec 2014 21:41 #68092 by ICL
These are pretty cute. If the game saw Govern removed from the play environment, I wonder which would be a better replacement.

More
11 Dec 2014 07:31 - 11 Dec 2014 07:34 #68101 by Lech
I'd gladly see govern banned, alongside with deflection. This would make dominate worse, but wont remove bounce and bleed/move blood to uncontrolled as there is always scouting mission and redirection. If we are at it, i'd postulate .44 Magnum change too (compared to SNS fit the description), that wouldn't kill gun decks as there is always shotgun deagle and sniper riffle.

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.
Last edit: 11 Dec 2014 07:34 by Lech.

More
11 Dec 2014 09:32 - 12 Dec 2014 10:39 #68102 by porphyrion
'Scouting the unaligned' would be my choice. You can still play Conditioning/Bonding/etc to increase the bleed , but accelleration coupled with 3 (next-to-)free transfers is just great and cannot be helped with further Modifiers. 'Unaligned2' would still be an absolutely amazing card, not much worse than Govern in fact (no cost at inferior is actually pretty huge imo). Actual nerfing this is not!

// Finally slowing those boring !vent! grinders would be most welcome for me personally. //
Last edit: 12 Dec 2014 10:39 by porphyrion.

More
12 Dec 2014 05:37 #68128 by elotar
Govern must be just banned.

:splat: NC Russia
:DEM::san::nec::cap4:

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.144 seconds