file Temptation of Greater Power

08 Jan 2015 15:24 - 10 Jan 2015 07:09 #68549 by Ankha
Reactions to www.vekn.net/forum/9-event-reports-and-twd/67995-casual-a-tournament-temptation-of-greater-power

*Mon anglais etant pas terrible, si tu pouvais traduire ca serait cool*

C'etait moi qui jouait MarisLutz et qui a pris TOGP sur Maris Streck.
J'avais Maris Streck full blood et Adana de Sforza a 0 blood. TOGP sur Maris Streck, que je payes 15. Je decides de payer, d'une parceque j'ai 3 Parity Shift en main, de deux parceque si ma proie recupere Maris Streck ma game est foutue.

So it's wasn't Lutz but Maris Streck. The other vampire he controlled was Adana de Sforza with no blood. He was willing to pay 15 because he had some Parity Shift in hand, and because if Maris was gone, his game would be over.

Fact is that in both cases, his game was over. Not bad for a card played against someone at 11 pool.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 10 Jan 2015 07:09 by Ankha.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Jan 2015 20:28 #68557 by Hakuron
I see your point.

Nevertheless, a fully built-up ally deck with the methuselah at more than 10 pool can get blown away by a single Anarchist Uprising. Is that "fair"?

I think that this game needs some cards with a drastic effect. Everybody is free to play them. Or do you think, that "Temptation of Greater Power" hinders variety of decks?

National Coordinator Germany
nc [dot] germany [at] magenta [dot] de

More
09 Jan 2015 22:22 #68558 by BenPeal
Should this thread belong in the Card Balance & Strategy Discussion forum?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
10 Jan 2015 04:40 #68560 by AaronC

Nevertheless, a fully built-up ally deck with the methuselah at more than 10 pool can get blown away by a single Anarchist Uprising. Is that "fair"?

Absolutely!

More
10 Jan 2015 07:06 - 10 Jan 2015 07:10 #68562 by Ankha

Should this thread belong in the Card Balance & Strategy Discussion forum?

This is the "event report" section, so please do not anwser here to other's people reports, use the "Generic V:TES Discussion" section instead. This topic should only collect reports.
Thanks.

Therefore I split the topic.

Prince of Paris, France
Last edit: 10 Jan 2015 07:10 by Ankha.

More
10 Jan 2015 07:17 #68564 by Ankha

I see your point.

I think that this game needs some cards with a drastic effect. Everybody is free to play them. Or do you think, that "Temptation of Greater Power" hinders variety of decks?

I don't like the word "fair", I prefer to talk about game balance.
Anarchist Uprising is a silver bullet against certain decks. Most of the time though, it will result in an average pool loss of 3.

ToGP is a silver bullet against any kind of deck (well, except Imbueds -- but they are immune to so many cards anyway) and results in the oust of the player in the same turn or the turn after in 90% of the cases. At least, that's what I observe everytime I see the card played, that's why I write down a game report each time to keep track of this.

Plus, it's a "one-per-game" card so, like Giant's Blood, the first Methuselah that can play it has a huge advantage.

Clearly, I consider the card to be broken.

Prince of Paris, France
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pendargon, Lech

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.107 seconds